Jewels of the Bay
From 31/05/2020 to 30/03/2021
Hole in the RockPaihia townshipParry Kauri ParkCruise through the Hole in the Rock in the Bay of IslandsVisit Parry Kauri Park and take a walk among New Zealand’s native forest giantsExplore Whangarei, the northern-most city in New ZealandExperienced Travel Director and Driver.
Comfortable accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - This morning depart Auckland City over the Harbour Bridge and through Northland's lush farmland before arriving into the beautiful Bay of Islands. Cruise through spectacularly scenic game-fishing waters to Cape Brett and, weather permitting, through the famous 'Hole in the Rock' formation. The return cruise to Paihia meanders through picturesque islands - see deserted sandy beaches and secluded bays. Keep your eyes peeled for marine life. This evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel. Please note: As this holiday departs Auckland at 7.30am from the Stamford Plaza Hotel, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
2 - Today is completely free for you to discover more of the beauty of the Bay of Islands: Consider an optional experience. Perhaps go sailing aboard a historic tall ship. During this full day sail, you can take your turn on the helm, hoist the sails or climb the rigging. Enjoy morning tea and delicious BBQ lunch served on board. Or join a guided tour of the Bay of Islands. With an abundance of breathtaking, picturesque views, there are plenty of fantastic photo opportunities for you to create lasting memories. Tonight, you are free to dine as you wish. You may want to experience a 'Kiwi tradition' - fish and chips on the beach
3 - Enjoy a leisurely morning before you travel back to Auckland. On an optional experience you could take a wander through the grounds of New Zealand's most important historic site, the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, rich in history and stories of the momentous events which shaped a nation. The grounds are where M?ori chiefs first signed their accord with the British Crown - the Treaty of Waitangi, New Zealand's founding document. Later, you'll journey south to Whangarei, the northernmost city in New Zealand, where there's time to admire the local art and stroll along the marina in the Town Basin. Continue to Parry Kauri Park, where you'll embark on a memorable walk among the ancient kauri trees, two of which have stood in the forest for 800 years. Later this afternoon you'll arrive in Auckland, where your Bay of Islands encounter concludes. Please note: As this holiday ends at 4.00pm in Auckland, unless you have a flight booked or have made your own arrangements, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for this night.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.