Wonders of the Pilbara & West Coast
From 30/06/2020 to 20/09/2020
Walk among the mystical PinnaclesRelax in a little patch of paradise and see the wild dolphins at Monkey MiaDiscover the wildflowers of Kalbarri National ParkRelax on a coral viewing cruise on Coral Bay in Ningaloo National ParkImmerse yourself in Aboriginal Cultural Experience at a Yanchep National ParkSee koalas in the wildEnjoy a fully guided tour to the heart of Rio Tinto’s Iron Ore mine in Tom PriceHike to the waterfalls at Karijini National ParkSpectacular Cable Beach Sunsets from the comfort of your accommodation.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Meet your Travel Director this afternoon and set off on a tour of the city, visiting Kings Park and its Botanic Garden on the broad expanse of the Swan River. This evening, enjoy the company of your fellow travellers at a Welcome Reception and dinner.
2 - Travel north along the stunning Western Australian coastline, stopping in Yanchep National Park for an Aboriginal Cultural Experience with Derek Nannup, a member of the local Nyoongar people. Continue along the coast past the seaside hamlet of Lancelin and see the marvellous Pinnacles, a stunning series of intriguing limestone formations. Explore the seaside township of Geraldton and visit the evocative HMAS Sydney Memorial.
3 - The wildflower collection in Western Australia is the largest on Earth and you'll have the chance to admire some of them on your way to the blue waters and pristine beaches of Monkey Mia.
4 - After a leisurely breakfast overlooking the tranquil turquoise waters of the bay, watch as the famous Monkey Mia dolphins swim into shore to be fed. (Note: As the dolphins are wild creatures, their appearance cannot be guaranteed.) Later today, choose an Included Choice sightseeing experience. You may like to join an evening Indigenous experience or unwind on a sunset cruise.
5 - Travel to Hamelin Pool to discover a unique colony of stromatolites, described as the earliest record of life on earth. Close by is Shell Beach, formed from billions of tiny white cockles. Then make the scenic journey north to Carnarvon, visiting the town's interactive Space and Technology Museum.
6 - Your destination today is Exmouth, in the spectacular Cape Range National Park. Cruise over World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef in a glass-bottom boat at Coral Bay, and visit Vlamingh Head Lighthouse for stunning views over Lighthouse Bay. Tonight's accommodation is just metres from the pristine waters of beautiful Exmouth Gulf.
7 - Today is yours for exploration of the Exmouth area at your leisure. Perhaps take an optional experience and swim alongside gargantuan Whale Sharks in the pristine waters of the Ningaloo Reef (seasonal). Or stroll along the beach or relax by the hotel pool overlooking the Gulf.
8 - Take one last look over Lighthouse Bay before journeying north to Western Australia's famous Pilbara region. Known for its rich cultural heritage, brilliant red earth and vast mineral deposits, the region's diverse landscapes will fascinate you.
9 - Enjoy a guided tour of Rio Tinto's massive open-cut iron-ore mine, then journey into the depths of the Pilbara to Karijini National Park. Located in the majestic Hamersley Ranges, Karijini is famous for the beauty of its deep gorges, secluded emerald rock-pools and towering waterfalls. Relax on the deck of your safari-style eco-tent this evening and watch the sun set before drifting off to sleep to the calming soundtrack of the wilderness.
10 - You'll discover more of Karijini. Explore majestic Fortescue Falls at Dale's Gorge, and perhaps take a walk to one of the park's magnificent rock-pools. Later, take the road to Port Hedland, a natural deep-water harbour and hub for major resource activity.
11 - Head north this morning, skirting the fringes of the Great Sandy Desert and travelling on to the former pearling outpost of Broome, set on the Indian Ocean. This evening, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner overlooking famous Cable Beach.
12 - Today is yours to explore this tropical hideaway. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along Cable Beach or wander through Chinatown and shop for pearls.
13 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 31 March 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.