East Coast Islands & Rainforest
From 05/04/2021 to 18/03/2022
Enjoy lunch & wine tastings in the Hunter ValleyVisit Australia Zoo, home of the Irwin familySee the koalas at Australia Zoo Wildlife HospitalFree time in the resort town of NoosaTake an exciting 4WD tour on Fraser IslandTaste produce at the Ohana Exotic Fruit OrchardExperience life on Langmorn StationStop at the Sarina Sugar Shed for a guided tour and lunch at a miniature sugar millStay on Hamilton Island – everyone has a view over the Whitsundays from their balconyRelax in idyllic Mission BeachStop at Millaa Millaa Falls & the Curtain Fig TreeSkirt across the treetops on the Skyrail Rainforest CablewaySnorkel on the Great Barrier ReefIncluded Choice experiences on the Gold Coast.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director & Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Leave Sydney today bound for the renowned Hunter Valley, one of Australia's major wine regions. Visit a vineyard to enjoy an exclusive wine-tasting, and get to know your fellow travellers over lunch. Continue north to the seaside town of Port Macquarie, renowned for its extensive beaches and waterways. Please note: As this holiday departs at 7.30am from Rydges Sydney Central, you'll need to pre-book accommodation for the previous night.
2 - Experience superb views over the Pacific Ocean this morning from Cape Byron, the easternmost point in Australia. You may spot migrating whales breaching not far offshore. A scenic coastal drive this afternoon takes you to the legendary holiday destination of the Gold Coast, where you'll settle in for your two-night stay.
3 - Today choose one from a selection of Included Choice sightseeing experiences. Take the 4WD track through the Gold Coast Hinterland, a boat trip to try your hand at crab fishing, or a one hour tour on the iconic Aquaduck.
4 - Head north this morning, stopping in Brisbane for a short orientation tour, then continue to the famous Australia Zoo. Enjoy a sneak peek into the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital and see how AAT Kings works with its Wildlife Warriors to support its koala rehabilitation project. Your final destination is the beachside resort town of Noosa, where you'll join your fellow travellers for dinner at a local restaurant.
5 - Take time out today to discover Noosa for yourself. Swim in the clear waters of Main Beach, or venture a little further afield on an easy walk along the spectacular headland to Noosa National Park. You may like to hire a stand-up paddle-board or take a boat ride on the mysterious and tranquil waters of the Noosa Everglades. This evening, stroll along Hastings Street and dine in one of its many eateries.
6 - Today you'll explore the wonders of World Heritage listed Fraser Island, the world's largest sand island. Its striking blue freshwater lakes crystalline creeks, giant dunes and lush rainforests combine to create a spectacular environment. Enjoy lunch before travelling on to Hervey Bay, where in spring around 7,000 humpback whales and their new calves rest and play in the calm, safe waters before they head back to the Antarctic.
7 - Your day begins with a visit to the Ohana Exotic Fruit Orchard. Then you'll travel to Langmorn Station for a guided tour of the 11,000-hectare cattle property and a Be My Guest afternoon tea. Later, cross the Tropic of Capricorn as you arrive in Rockhampton. A stroll along historic Quay Street tonight could provide the perfect opportunity to sample some local beef at one of the city's steakhouses.
8 - Travel north to Sarina today for a guided tour of its unique miniature sugar mill and distillery. At Airlie Beach you'll catch the ferry to Hamilton Island, one of 74 tropical islands that make up the Whitsunday group in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. The spectacular island boasts pristine beaches and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life, and is home to large populations of koalas, kangaroos, wallabies and kookaburras.
9 - Today is yours to indulge in your own pleasures - consider some optional experiences. Perhaps cruise to famous Whitehaven Beach or a scenic flight over the iconic Heart Reef. You could visit the island's wildlife park, home to many species of Australian animals or sit back with a good book by one of the resort's stunning pools.
10 - Take the ferry back to the mainland this morning. Stroll along its handsome esplanade before heading off to the seaside town of Mission Beach, nestled between World Heritage rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef. Your accommodation offers superb views over the Coral Sea.
11 - Today's journey takes you to the Atherton Tablelands, with its lush rainforests, spectacular waterfalls and peaceful lakes. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the heritage listed 500-year-old Curtain Fig Tree, and keep an eye out for the magnificent Ulysses butterfly. Spend some free time in Kuranda, the 'village in the rainforest', before travelling on via the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Your six-person gondola will provide spectacular views of the rainforest and the Coral Sea.
12 - Board a high-speed catamaran today and cruise out to the iconic Great Barrier Reef, the only living organism that can be seen from the moon. You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling (equipment provided) or view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on board, before you return in the late afternoon, for a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.
13 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.