Tropical Islands & Rainforest
From 04/03/2020 to 13/03/2020
Stop at the Sarina Sugar Shed for a guided tour and lunch at a miniature Sugar MillVisit a family run working cattle property, Langmorn StationTake an exciting 4WD tour on Fraser IslandSee the cute koalas at Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Enjoy the shopping and restaurants in the ultimate holiday town of NoosaTropical paradise Hamilton IslandStop at Millaa Millaa Falls and the Curtain Fig TreeSnorkel on the Great Barrier Reef.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director & Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - After a short orientation tour of Brisbane, visit Australia Zoo made famous by the Crocodile Hunter, the late Steve Irwin and his family. Enjoy a sneak peek in to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital and see how AAT Kings works with the Wildlife Warriors to support the koala rehabilitation project at the hospital, the country's largest and busiest wildlife facility. Catch one of the many shows and wander through the zoo's fascinating grounds. Later travel to the resort town of Noosa for a relaxing stay. This evening enjoy dinner at a local restaurant with your fellow travellers and travel director.
2 - Take time out to discover Noosa for yourself. Swim at Noosa Main Beach or venture a little further with an easy, spectacular walk along the headland through to Noosa National Park. If you're feeling adventurous, you may like to take a boat ride through the incredible Noosa Everglades, one of Australia's most beautiful wilderness areas. You'll love the dark waterways and myriad of wildlife along the Noosa River- it's truly spectacular! This evening choose one of the town's eateries and dine on inspiring local delights.
3 - A day of discovery lies ahead as you cross by ferry to explore the wonders of World Heritage listed Fraser Island. Your 4WD tour takes you to the coloured sands of Rainbow Beach (tidal) and beyond. Visit Lake McKenzie, ringed with magnificent white sandy beaches. Walk through the ancient rainforest at Central Station with its huge satiny, scribbly gum and kauri trees and enjoy a delicious lunch before arriving in Hervey Bay.
4 - This morning stop at Ohana Exotic Fruit Orchard for a guided tour with the opportunity to try some local flavours and produce. Later you'll stop at Langmorn Station, a fully operational family run cattle station. Meet the Creed family and take a guided tour of the property including the original family homestead, built in 1873. Enjoy afternoon tea in the garden in the company of the pet kangaroo! Cross the Tropic of Capricorn as you arrive in Rockhampton, the beef capital of Australia! Your night is free so why not try some local beef at one of the town's steakhouses.
5 - Travel north to the sugar town of Sarina, Australia's sugar capital, to Sarina Sugar Shed, a working miniature sugar mill. On your tour you'll get a peak in to sugar cane processing and witness fully functioning sugar processing and distilling equipment in action. Afterwards you can taste some of the products made on site before sitting down for a light lunch. Continue to Airlie Beach to catch a ferry to Hamilton Island one of 74 tropical islands that make up the Whitsundays. You'll be surrounded by pristine beaches, and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life!
6 - At Hamilton Island the day is yours to indulge and relax by the pool or on the beach - you may prefer to hire a buggy to explore the island or tee off in paradise against the magnificent backdrop of an azure ocean. Or perhaps the famous Whitehaven Beach beckons. Take an optional cruise aboard a catamaran to this slice of paradise, where you can simply relax on the beach, take a swim, or get involved in some fun beach activities.
7 - This morning you'll board a ferry back to mainland and continue north along the Bruce Highway to Your destination for the night is Mission Beach where you'll stay with views over the ocean. Magic!
8 - This morning there will be time to take a walk along the shore and feel the golden sand between your toes before you depart. Today you'll travel through the high tropical plateau known as the Atherton Tablelands, where lush rainforests, waterfalls and lakes abound. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the famous Curtain Fig Tree. Keep an eye out for the spectacular Ulysses Butterfly while you're there. Continue to Kuranda where you'll stop around lunch time. Enjoy some free time to explore the village in the rainforest. From Kuranda you will take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway high above the canopy of the Barron Gorge National Park before arriving at your hotel in Cairns, gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
9 - Board a high speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. The world heritage listed reef is the only living organism you can see from the moon. Imagine that! You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling and view this natural living wonder up- close (equipment provided) and view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and the semi- submersible craft. Enjoy a delicious tropical buffet lunch before you return to Cairns in the late afternoon. Tonight is your farewell dinner at restaurant on Cairns Harbour.
10 - Your wonderful holiday concludes after breakfast when you bid farewell to your fellow travellers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 March 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.