From 28/06/2020 to 09/04/2021
Insight in to Aboriginal culture at Uluru and a dot painting workshopCairns and the Great Barrier ReefJoin Joe, Dan, Tommy and Ben Falzon for a home cooked gourmet BBQ dinner at their home, Earth Sanctuary in Alice Springs- it will be a night to rememberLearn how children living in remote Australia are educated through School of the Air in Alice SpringsLearn about the medical service provided by the Flying Doctors in Alice SpringsTake a guided tour beneath the famous sails of Sydney Opera HouseExperience a walk around the base of Uluru and learn about the Anangu’s spiritual connection to the land.
Quality accommodationTravel in luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport Transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Get to know your Travel Director and fellow travelers this evening at a Welcome Reception and dinner at a restaurant by the waterfront.
2 - Explore Melbourne on a city sights tour this morning, then discover its gracious arcades, eclectic laneways and vibrant street art on a private walking tour. The rest of the day is at your leisure. You might like to take an optional experience to Phillip Island to see the famous Penguin Parade, where the world's smallest penguins return from the ocean and waddle endearingly up the wide beach to their sand-dune burrows. Or you may prefer to simply relax, explore the galleries, or experience some of the city's celebrated eateries.
3 - Today is free for you to further explore the delights of Melbourne. Alternatively, you could take an optional experience along the renowned Great Ocean Road to discover a stunning coastline and the towering limestone arches of the Twelve Apostles. In the evening, you might like to take in a production at one of Melbourne's renowned theaters.
4 - Fly to Alice Springs this morning and visit the unique School of the Air to learn how this school-with-a-difference delivers education to children living in remote outback areas. Pause at the headquarters of the iconic Royal Flying Doctor Service, celebrated for providing a 'mantle of safety' in the outback for almost a century. This evening, join the Falzon family at Earth Sanctury World Nature Center for a home-cooked gourmet Be My Guest BBQ dinner. Later, listen as brothers Tom and Danny speak of their passion for ecology, astronomy and local culture.
5 - Travel through the red quartzite peaks and gorges of the rugged West MacDonnell Ranges today, then spend the afternoon relaxing or enjoying your resort's facilities. Sparkling wine is served this evening as you watch the sun set behind the massive sandstone monolith of Uluru.
6 - This morning, witness the magical Uluru sunrise, then tour the caves at the base of Uluru and marvel at the ancient rock art to be found there. Later, travel over red desert plains to Kata Tjuta, and take a walk at Walpa Gorge through two of the tallest domes of this majestic rock formation. Enjoy sparkling wine with your traveling companions as the sun sets over Kata Tjuta.
7 - Rise early to experience the ethereal Field of Light art installation. Wander through the paths surounding 50,000 hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light. As the sun rises, join your fellow travelers on top of a sand dune to watch the desert awakening over Uluru. Meet an Indigenous artist for a fun introduction to Western Desert Art. Your Anangu artist will provide you with cultural insights, explaining the meanings of local totems and assisting you to complete your own painting to take home as a memento of your experience. In the afternoon board your flight to tropical Cairns.
8 - Today is free for you to pursue your own interests in this vibrant tropical city. You may choose to gain some insights into Indigenous culture at the award-winning Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park, or travel to Kuranda, the 'village in the rainforest' on the historic Scenic Rail. Alternatively, just relax and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
9 - Board a sleek, high-speed catamaran today and cruise out to the natural wonder that is the Great Barrier Reef. You'll have the opportunity to go snorkeling (equipment provided), or view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on board before you return to Cairns. After some time to relax, join your traveling companions for an evening meal overlooking the Cairns waterfront.
10 - After a leisurely start, this afternoon fly on to Sydney, where your evening is at leisure.
11 - Visit legendary Bondi Beach then head to the iconic Sydney Opera House for a privately guided tour with a local guide. Enjoy lunch aboard one of Sydney Harbor's premier cruise vessels, then spend the rest of your day exploring the city at your leisure.
12 - Today is yours for further exploration of Sydney. The energetic might tackle the iconic Sydney Harbor BridgeClimb, or perhaps you'd prefer to take an excursion to the majestic Blue Mountains to see the soaring Three Sisters rock formation. Celebrate your vacation with your Travel Director and companions at a Farewell Dinner.
13 - Say farewell when your vacation comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 04 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.