Outback Australia - The Colour of Red (CRUA)
From 13/04/2021 to 26/03/2022
Iconic Uluru (Ayers Rock)Embark on a 4WD off the Mereenie Loop RoadWander through Simpsons Gap ExploreThe 36 mystical domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)Fascinating Angkerle (Standley Chasm) ImmerseHike through Walpa GorgeLearn about Uluru sacred sitesHike to the top of Kings Canyon for magnificent views RelaxToast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wineExperience a spectacular Red Centre sunriseUnwind in your Deluxe Spa Room at Kings Canyon Resort.
Hand-picked accommodationComplimentary refreshments throughout the journeyAirport transfers (see Flight Information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Feel the stirring of something bigger than you as you arrive in Ayers Rock Resort, your launch pad to Australia's fiery heart in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. This afternoon, join your Journey Director and fellow travellers to explore the foundations of life and society of the local Aboriginal people and their ancestors, before travelling to Kata Tjuta for a walk through Walpa Gorge. As the day fades, the outback sun bids a fiery farewell - the perfect backdrop for a Welcome Reception with sparkling wine while overlooking Uluru.
2 - Enjoy the mesmerising arrival of another day overlooking Kata Tjuta and Uluru. Skirting the red cliffs of Uluru, hear ancient tales, see rock art and visit Mutitjulu Waterhole. The next stop is Curtin Springs Station, where you'll gain insights into the cattle-rearing heritage of the Severin family and enjoy a BBQ lunch before viewing Atila (Mt. Conner). Travelling to Kings Canyon, stop at Kings Creek Station. This evening, under the canopy of a starry southern hemisphere sky, settle back with sparkling wine - the flickering glow of the fire is the perfect accompaniment to Under A Desert Moon dinner.
3 - Gaze across the deep chasm of Kings Canyon as you embark on a sunrise 6km rim walk, taking in the domed 'Lost City' and the verdant 'Garden of Eden. If you'd prefer a more relaxed walk, you can opt for a more gentle walk along the Canyon Creek Bed. Afterwards you're off the beaten track, travelling along the 4WD Mereenie Loop Road past Gosses Bluff and then through the West MacDonnell Ranges to the iconic outback town of Alice Springs.
4 - This morning you'll visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station and learn why it was established in Alice Springs. Now the stunning landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges take centre stage as you embark on a walk through Simpsons Gap and dramatic Angkerle, which was created over millions of years. The deep red sandstone formation contrasts with the lush green ferns and gum trees on the valley floor. This evening, join your Alice Springs hosts for a Local dining Experience barbecue dinner around a campfire, as the Milky Way lights up the sky.
5 - This epic adventure is almost at its end, but not before you visit the Royal Flying Doctor Service to see how this facility provides medical assistance to those living in remote outback Australia. You'll also visit the School of the Air to learn how children living in the far reaches of the outback receive an education over the air waves. Your Red Centre Inspiring Journey comes to an end later this morning.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 19 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.