Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island Escape
From 05/09/2020 to 02/04/2021
See koalas and emu in the wild at Tower Hill Nature Reserve with an Indigenous guideWalk among a colony of Sea Lions with a National Park Ranger on Kangaroo IslandExperience the Birds of Prey show at Raptor Domain on Kangaroo IslandTaste the Coonawarra region’s famous wineExperience an exclusive tasting with Jon and Sarah Lark at their micro distillery, Kangaroo Island Spirits on Kangaroo IslandIndulge with wine tasting at Jacobs Creek, Barossa ValleyVisit the picturesque village of Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
1 - Embark on one of the world's premier road trips - the Great Ocean Road. Just off shore in the Port Campbell National Park, the towering limestone stacks of the Twelve Apostles rise 50 metres above the wild Southern Ocean. You'll also see nearby Loch Ard Gorge and visit the impressive London Bridge natural rock formation before arriving in the rural town of Warrnambool. Please note: As this holiday departs at 7.30am from Savoy on Little Collins, Melbourne, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
2 - Visit the Worn Gundidj Aboriginal Cooperative at Tower Hill State Game Reserve, where your guide will provide you with an Indigenous perspective on the area's flora, wildlife and volcanic formations. Cross the border into South Australia and continue to the world-renowned Coonawarra wine region, pausing at a vineyard for a tasting. Before arriving in Naracoorte you'll be joined by a local expert for a guided tour through the Alexandra Cave.
3 - Journey today to the Fleurieu Peninsula, where rolling hills are complemented by rugged clifftops, sandy beaches and the winding Murray River. Visit the charming seaside town of Victor Harbor before a ferry takes you to Kangaroo Island, famous for its unspoiled natural beauty and fine produce. Visit South Australia's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of award-winning Australian gins and delicious liqueurs. Your destination is Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
4 - Begin your exploration of fascinating KangarooIsland today with a visit to the spectacularRemarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Enjoy a delicious lunch at Vivonne Bay before experiencing the only 'in-flight' birds of prey display in South Australia, where you'll see an array of birds including the majestic Wedgetailed Eagle. Later, join a ranger at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country's most important breeding colonies.
5 - This morning, board your ferry to cross back to the mainland and travel to picturesque Adelaide. You'll take an orientation tour with your Travel Director before checking into your hotel and then embarking on an Included Choice sightseeing experience: hear fascinating stories about the early history of Adelaide on a guided city walking-tour or visit the Art Gallery of South Australia.
6 - Discover the rolling Adelaide Hills and the renowned Barossa today, stopping first at picturesque Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement. Wander down its tree-lined streets and take time to explore the quaint shops and taste some of the town's artisan produce. Continue to the Barossa for lunch before visiting the Jacob's Creek vineyard to sample some world famous wines. Travel back to Adelaide through a tranquil landscape dotted with stone cottages and olive groves to join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Farewell Dinner.
7 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 03 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.