From 24/05/2021 to 03/11/2021
Walking Tour of the French Quarter with tasting of pralines & beignetsNew Orleans School of Cooking Demonstration & DinnerVisit Graceland.
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine.
You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
Professional, insightful and fun, our Trip Managers, Drivers and Local Guides in the USA & Canada are highly trained and ready to show you this incredible part of the world.
Armed with their little black books of must sees, dos and eats, they'll help you avoid the tourist traps and show you the time of your life.
Itinerary / more information
1 - The love-child of French & Caribbean culture, New Orleans will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive.
2 - We'll kick off the festivities today with a swoon-worthy walking tour of the French quarter, jamming in Jackson Square before sampling beignets & marveling at Antebellum mansions, all to the sweet sounds of Southern jazz, of course. Then it's time to head for the New Orleans school of cooking to trade tales with your new friends over some traditional gumbo.
3 - Bidding farewell to New Orleans, we're off to another musical mecca...Welcome to Memphis. It's time to pay homage to 'The King' today, as we're going to Graceland, the iconic home of Elvis. Then it's time to pay appreciation to another King, Martin Luther King JR, as we visit the Civil Rights museum, learning all about the vital force of the civil rights movement, before heading to sun studios, the place where Elvis recorded his very first song. What a day; and we're not even done with Memphis yet.
4 - Now we're nice and intimate with Memphis, it's your own day to explore. Take a taste of traditional food in downtown, visit the museum of soul music, check out the famous zoo and aquarium or take a tour of the Wiseacre brewery. No matter what you choose to do today, you'll fall in love with this invigorating city.
5 - See ya, Memphis, Nashville is calling!Pull those boots out. Home to some of the musical greats, this city also played a crucial role in the civil rights movement. Tonight we'll have dinner at the famous woolworths where the first sit-in took place to desegregate lunch counters.
6 - Today is yours to explore Nashville but if you're into your music or just want to experience this place's local heritage, we recommend checking out the Johnny Cash museum, to learn all about one of the best selling artists of all time.
7 - Today it's time for more nourishing Nashville. Truly a musical paradise, a tour around the Country Music Hall of Fame will give us the lowdown on this city's musical past. Then, with the smell of Southern delicacies in the air, the city is ours to explore.
8 - Thanks for the hospitality Nashville!Next, it's time to head Jack Daniels Distillery for a guided tour and whiskey sampling. before heading to the "Land of the Blue Smoke"Named by the Cherokee for its bluish haze and mist like clouds, we'll settle down in this mountain paradise with our luxury glamping yurts, surrounded by pristine views and lush forestlands. Tonight we'll swap stories under the canvas of stars.
9 - As well as all that natural beauty, the Smoky Mountains are packed with options for unforgettable adventure activities. Today you can try your hand at ziplining, soak up that scenery atop a horse or whizzing around on your very own ATV. The choice is yours.
10 - Today, we travel to the cosmopolitan city of Atlanta where our tour ends on arrival.Tissues on deck & souvenirs in tow, it's time to say our goodbyes. This has been the journey of a lifetime, so make sure to keep in contact for a reunion trip soon...
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 05 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.