Queensland Islands & Rainforests
From 16/01/2022 to 18/03/2022
Take in the Millaa Millaa Falls lookout and Curtain Fig TreeFree time to soak up the rainforest village of KurandaJourney the UNESCO World Heritage listed rainforest with SkyrailDive into the ocean of the Great Barrier Reef.
Comfortable accommodationTravel in luxury coachExperienced Travel Director & Driver GuideAirport Transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Hamilton Island one of 74 tropical islands that make up the Whitsundays. You'll be surrounded by pristine beaches, and a kaleidoscope of coral and marine life! You'll meet your Travel Director this evening for a run-down of your next few days.
Day 2 - At Hamilton Island the day is yours to indulge and relax by the pool or on the beach - you may prefer to hire a buggy to explore the island or tee off in paradise against the magnificent backdrop of an azure ocean. Or perhaps the famous Whitehaven Beach beckons. Take an optional cruise aboard a catamaran to this slice of paradise, where you can simply relax on the beach, take a swim, or get involved in some fun beach activities.
Day 3 - This morning you'll board a ferry back to mainland and continue north along the Bruce Highway. Your destination for the night is Mission Beach where you'll stay with views over the ocean. Magic!
Day 4 - This morning there will be time to take a walk along the shore and feel the golden sand between your toes before you depart. Today you'll travel through the high tropical plateau known as the Atherton Tablelands, where lush rainforests, waterfalls and lakes abound. Visit Millaa Millaa Falls and the famous Curtain Fig Tree. Keep an eye out for the spectacular Ulysses Butterfly while you're there. Continue to Kuranda where you'll stop around lunch time. Enjoy some free time to explore the village in the rainforest. From Kuranda you will take the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway high above the canopy of the Barron Gorge National Park before arriving at your hotel in Cairns, gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
Day 5 - Board a high-speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. The world heritage listed reef is the only living organism you can see from the moon. Imagine that! You'll have the opportunity to go snorkelling and view this natural living wonder up- close (equipment provided) and view the spectacular coral and tropical fish from the underwater observatory and the glass bottom boat. Enjoy a delicious tropical buffet lunch before you return to Cairns in the late afternoon. Tonight, is your farewell dinner at restaurant on Cairns Harbour.
Day 6 - Your wonderful holiday concludes after breakfast when you bid farewell to your fellow travellers
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 14 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans