Victoria's Hidden Gems
From 10/09/2021 to 16/09/2021
CITY TOUR in MelbourneSEE golden beaches and lush rainforest along the Great Ocean RoadVIEW architecture of historic Clunes, the Grampians Mountain Range, Great Ocean Road and Twelve ApostlesVISIT the Hepburn Bathhouse and Spa, Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm, Creswick Woollen Mills, Eureka Centre, Brambuk Cultural Centre, Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village, Green Olive Farm, Melbourne Cricket Ground.
6 breakfasts2 lunches (including Connect with Locals)5 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Your exploration of Victoria begins in the state's stylish capital, Melbourne. On arrival, transfer to your hotel (flights to arrive prior to 2pm). You'll have some time to freshen up or start exploring the city on your own. Later, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception to see the city from a different perspective on the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, followed by a Regional Dinner with panoramic views of the city skyline at Berth Restaurant.
Day 2 - Admire the city's impressive skyline over breakfast on the 35th floor restaurant of Sofitel Melbourne on Collins. Continue your exploration of Melbourne's wide avenues, Victorian arcades and world-renowned street art in the company of a 'Local Specialist'. Indulge in the Melbournian tradition of a morning tea (or coffee) before enjoying lunch at your leisure. Visit Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm. Enjoy a delicious afternoon tea, complete with syrupy lavender honey dripped over freshly baked scones. Then, head to the eclectic spa village of Daylesford, whose gold-rush beginnings have since given way to a vibrant cottage industry. Here, you can relax in the healing waters of Hepburn Bathhouse & Spa, followed by dinner at the award-winning Argus.
Day 3 - A leisurely start to the day could see you stroll through the enchanting Wombat Hill Botanic Gardens, before continuing to Creswick Woollen Mills for an exclusive guided tour with a 'Local Specialist'. Journey to the historic town of Clunes next, to admire its beautifully preserved Victorian architecture. Grab a spot of lunch at one of the caf?s or the country pub, the National Hotel. En route to Dunkeld, visit the Eureka Centre to gain insights into the birth of democracy in Australia. Settle into the picturesque surrounds of the Southern Grampians this evening. Your dinner at Wickens at Royal Mail Hotel is made with fresh local ingredients and available produce growing in the extensive kitchen garden.
Day 4 - After breakfast, join the ground's gardener for a guided stroll through the hotel's kitchen garden, renowned as Australia's largest and most productive organic kitchen garden. Then, head to Hall's Gap and the Brambuk Cultural Centre. Here, you will 'Dive Into Culture' and witness a rousing 'Welcome to Country' ceremony. The local Gariwerd, Djab Wurrung and Jardwadjali people will teach you how to throw a boomerang and gather local bush tucker for sampling. Admire the views over the Grampians Mountain range before heading down the mountain to coastal Warrnambool, at the edge of the Great Ocean Road. This evening, discover the maritime history of the area during a Regional Dinner and stage show at Flagstaff.
Day 5 - Enjoy a leisurely morning, preparing for one of the world's most scenic coastal drives later today. Golden beaches stretch endlessly along the route that will take you past lush forests and such highlights as the Bay of Islands, London Bridge, Loch Ard Gorge and the Twelve Apostles. The crisp sea air provides a refreshing backdrop for a lunch break in the seaside town of Port Campbell. Stop in Apollo Bay before arriving in the Mediterranean-inspired seaside village of Lorne late afternoon.
Day 6 - The last leg of the Great Ocean Road brings you to the surf capital of Torquay, where you'll learn about Australia's beloved surf culture before continuing to the Bellarine Peninsula. 'Connect with Locals' over an exclusive 'Be My Guest' lunch and wine tasting at the award-winning Jack Rabbit Vineyard. Appetites quelled, board a ferry to Queenscliff and Green Olive Farm.
Day 7 - The aroma of coffee beans beckon as we head back to Melbourne after breakfast. As this journey nears its end, we'll venture into the hallowed grounds of the Melbourne Cricket Ground, affectionately referred to by locals as the 'G'. Later, enjoy a Farewell Lunch with new-found friends after an epic adventure through the diverse landscapes and lifestyles of Victoria. For now, all that's left to say is a fond farewell till next time (flights to depart after 5pm).
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 23 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.