Winter Scandi Express
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Copenhagen, Denmark
Quirky cities filled with delish food, fascinating culture and the most attractive people you’ve ever seen – welcome to Scandinavia! Touch down in uber-cool Copenhagen, dump your stuff and meet the gang. We may be a mixed bunch, but we’re all in it together – the way it was meant to be. Get your bearings on a walking tour – ticking off the likes of Tivoli Gardens, City Hall, Nyhavn and the National Musuem of Denmark before taking a stroll along the canal to see the bright townhouses. You’ll soon find out why this city keeps popping up among the top most livable cities in the world. Then tonight? Dinner is on us. Cheers to that!
Day 2 - Copenhagen
When in doubt, do as the locals do – hire a bike and explore this chilled-out Scandi city on two wheels. Wander along the waterfront in Nyhavn. Tuck into a smorgasbord of Nordic cuisine. Take a dip in the clean canals (clothing optional). Discover the city’s thriving craft beer scene. Or spend the day at one of the many museums. Tivoli Gardens is not only the 2nd oldest theme park in the world, it’s also the most beautiful (according to us). Time it right, and you can take in the sunset from the top of the giant chair swing. Cue: goosebumps. For dinner tonight, head to Gasoline Grill – the definition of ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’.
Day 3 - Copenhagen to Oslo, Norway
No lies, today is an early start. So, settle in, bust the tunes, get to know your trip mates better and allow your expert Trip Leader to fill your head with alllll the Scandi fun-facts. Oh, and make sure you snag a window seat – the views from Øresund Bridge are once-in-a-lifetime. Get your bearings on a walking tour – ticking off the likes of The Royal Palace, Parliament, Oslo Cathedral and the National Theatre. Then? We know this place ain’t cheap, so dinner is on us tonight. Thank us later.
Day 4 - Oslo
There’s a reason you came in winter – and today’s your chance to experience alllll the glittering-snow-dusted-magic of a Norway ski resort. Sign up for a full day on the slopes and get shredding. Staying in town? No worries. History buffs should check out Akershus Fortress. Culture fiends can hunt down a local sauna (they’re everywhere). Art-lovers can’t miss Vigeland Park. And the foodies? Head to trendy Grünerløkka and eat your heart out. If it’s been snowing, tick ‘ski on top of an Opera House’ off your bucket-list. Or head to Spikersuppa for a spot of night ice skating. This is the winter vibe you’ve been chasing.
Day 5 - Oslo
Topdeckers to mission control, requesting more time to explore. Permission granted. Today is 100% up to you. But if you need some suggestions, jump on board an optional trip out to Bygdøy (aka Museum Island). We’re talking the Kon-Tiki Museum, Fram Polar Ship, Norsk Folkemuseum and the Viking Ship Museum (obvs). Get the ferry back to Oslo port in your own time – then head to a local haunt for some pølse or hunt down Illegal Burgers for the best one you’ve ever had. Period.
Day 6 - Oslo to Stockholm, Sweden
More than just meatballs and ABBA (though there’s plenty of both) – we’re making tracks to the iconic Scandi city of Stockholm. Fun fact: this place is built on an archipelago of fourteen islands where the Lake Mälaren flows out to the Baltic Sea. Cool, right? Check off Gamla Stan, Parliament House, Riddarholmen Church and The Royal Palace on a walking tour – then the rest is up to you. If your budget will allow it, Restaurant Pelikan boasts some seriously drool-worthy traditional food. Or head to Meatballs for the People – ‘nuff said.
Day 7 - Stockholm
Quick maths: this is your last full day. So don’t F-about, get exploring! Get yourself a kanebullar for the road and take a wander around the boutique stores in Gamla Stan. Snap a pic at Stortorget and watch the changing of the guard at The Palace. Take the ferry across to Djurgården and hit up the Vasa Museum (a must), Skansen Museum and the ABBA Museum. Or head to ultra-hip Södermalm for a local vibe and trendy cafes. There’s even a guided tour of City Hall on offer, if you want it. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you’re back in time for tonight’s group dinner – we’re going to give this Scandi adventure the send-off it deserves!
Day 8 - Stockholm to Copenhagen, Denmark
Wave goodbye to Sweden – we’re taking the scenic route back to Denmark. Cue: frosted lakes and snow-capped forests for days. Time to swap those socials and say those goodbyes (no crying). But no one said the adventure has to end – Western Europe is just a stone’s-throw away...
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..