Turtle Trek in Tortuguero - Detour Mini Adventure(Twin Room,Start San Jose, End San Jose)
From 28/06/2021 to 15/09/2021
See the Braulio Carrillo National ParkGuided walk along the Pachira Lodge Wilderness Trail.
8 meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinnersOn your trip you'll be with a local guide and ranger who knows Tortuguero like the back of their hands.
They'll teach you about the boundless biodiversity here, and also allow you to view turtles in their natural habitat respectfully and ethically.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 2 - Tortuguero Rise and shine - we've got a decidedly more leisurely start to the day this morning, with breakfast at the hotel and then a walking tour of our lodge's gorgeous private trails. Returning in time for another included lunch, it's time to tour the canals with endless Insta ops. Our local guide is a walking wildlife encyclopaedia, so we'll stick close as they show us around.Then we'll head to the Sea Turtle Conservancy to learn about the great work being done to preserve the breeding areas for the turtles, whilst educating the local community so that this national treasure has a protected future. Dinner awaits once again.We'll need to fill up as tonight we have our guided walk along the Tortuguero beach with a local Ranger to witness the turtles in their natural habitat. It's strictly hands off and only the lucky few are able to participate in this evening experience so be sure to appreciate every single second. This is one of those life-changing, spine-tingling travel experiences that you'll remember forever. Oh, and remember, no flash photography! Tortuguero is most famous for being the breeding ground of the green sea turtle, and that's what we're here for!
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 December 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 November 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.