Northern Capitals & Russia - Classic Group, 2021
From 07/07/2021 to 02/10/2021
Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce, like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
Helsinki: Wander through the aromatic stalls of a traditional food market with your Local Expert and sample local produce like liquorice or smoked reindeer.
Vilnius: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening, a culinary experience not to be missed.
Vilnius: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening - a culinary experience not to be missed.
Warsaw: The Polish capital is currently enjoying a culinary renaissance - find out .
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseasEnjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroomPersonal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentaryWe carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel doorHotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currencyWe also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotelsStay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destinationCruise in high-class cabins with sea viewsOne-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is includedComplimentary transfers from Berlin Tegel Airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival dayComplimentary transfers to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure dayIf your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 2 - The Spirit of Berlin In the morning, sightseeing with a Local Expert takes you along the Unter den Linden past the Humboldt University and Opera House. Stop a while on Museum Island before passing Brandenberg Gate, a symbol of the reunification. See Norman Foster’s glass dome which crowns the Reichstag building before embarking on a journey through the Tiergarten. Spend the afternoon exploring at your leisure or relaxing at your hotel.(Breakfast)
Day Day 4 - Wonderful Copenhagen With a Local Expert, begin your sightseeing with a visit the Christiansborg Palace, seat of the Danish Government, to marvel at the opulent interior. Journey past Copenhagen Cathedral and the university to see Rosenborg Castle, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and Amalienborg Palace, home of the royal family. Visit the waterfront to admire Hans Christian Andersen’s Little Mermaid gazing across the harbour. The rest of the day is at leisure.(Breakfast)
Day Day 8 - St. Petersburg From Helsinki, you will travel through rural lands and villages, following the coast of the Gulf of Finland. Tonight, dine in a local restaurant(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day Day 11 - Moscow, a Russian Revelation Begin your exploration of the Russian capital with a Local Expert. Start in Red Square, lined by Moscow's landmark buildings. At one end rises the onion-shaped domes of St. Basil's Cathedral, in front of the Kremlin stands Lenin's Mausoleum, while on the opposite side, the grand GUM department store offers a variety of glamorous goods. Explore Moscow with Insight Choice. Choose between visiting an ornate metro station with your Local Expert or alternatively, take a stroll through the popular Zaryadye Park and enjoy great views of your surroundings. In your free time, why not witness the crown jewels and Fabergé Egg collection of the Imperial Russian Family?(Breakfast)
Day Day 12 - Moscow at Leisure Enjoy a relaxed start and a full day set aside to explore Moscow at your own pace. Perhaps visit the Borodino Panorama Exhibition or enjoy an Optional Experience in Zagorsk, the renowned centre of ancient Russian art and architecture?(Breakfast)
Day Day 13 - Minsk, the Supreme Soviet City In the morning, take a flight to the Belarus capital of Minsk, rebuilt after the war in utmost Soviet style.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 08 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans