Southern Capitals: City Meets Bush
From 09/03/2021 to 27/03/2021
Join your friendly accommodation hosts for a ‘Be My Guest’ breakfast in BeechworthMeet Craig Starr, a local sheep farmer at his property, Gold Creek Station for a taste of life on a working farm.
AAT Kings were the first clients in 1980 and have been visiting the property ever since!Explore the cultural energy of MelbourneGain incredible insight in to Australia’s parliamentary system with a guide in Canberra at Parliament HouseVisit the Australian War Memorial and hear the haunting Last Post bugle call.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Depart Sydney this morning and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima, then visit Gold Creek Station to meet a local grazier and enjoy a Welcome Reception and Be My Guest lunch. On arrival in Canberra you'll join a local guide for a tour of Parliament House, then visit the impressive Australian War Memorial. Get to know your Travel Director and fellow travellers tonight over dinner. Please note: As this holiday departs at 7.30am from Rydges Sydney Central, accommodation will need to be pre-booked for the previous night.
Day 2 - Before leaving the nation's capital this morning, drive to the summit of Mt. Ainslie to experience panoramic views of the city and surrounds. Cross the mighty Murray River into Victoria to historic Beechworth, Victoria's best-preserved gold-rush town. Take an orientation tour of the town before enjoying some free time to explore the antique shops, galleries, museum and historic hotel. Your accommodation tonight is at one of the town's unique bed and breakfast properties.
Day 3 - Travel to historic Glenrowan and on through Ned Kelly country to Melbourne, Australia's sporting and cultural capital. Gain some interesting insights on an orientation tour of the city, and perhaps later, stroll along the Yarra River for dinner at one of the many Southbank restaurants.
Day 4 - Today Melbourne is yours to explore, so why not consider one of the following optional experiences. Away from the hustle and bustle, Melbourne's justly famed 230 laneways penetrate into the heart of the city. It's here that the inner city's true nature resides, crammed into narrow lanes with world renowned restaurants, bars and street art. Or if you would like to see something famous then why not take a tour to Summerland Beach on Phillip Island to witness the Penguin Parade, the nightly ritual where the little penguins emerge from the sea and waddle up the beach to their dune burrows.
Day 5 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 January 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 23 January 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.