Southern Capitals: City Meets Bush
From 31/08/2021 to 26/03/2022
Meet a local grazier at Gold Creek StationHear stories of the Gold Rush era from a passionate local pub owner in BeechworthLearn about Australian Parliament from a local guide.
Quality accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Depart Sydney this morning and travel through the rolling hills and verdant pastures of the Southern Highlands. Pause at historic Berrima before arriving to Gold Creek Station. Meet local sheep farmer, Craig Starr and get a taste of life on the farm before you join Craig and his family for a good Aussie BBQ Be My Guest lunch. Your final destination is the country's capital where you'll enjoy a tour through Parliament House with a local guide. Later visit the Australian War Memorial and stay to hear the evocative Last Post. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers tonight and get to know each other over a delicious meal.
Day 2 - This morning, you'll drive to the summit of Mt. Ainslie for panoramic views of Canberra and surrounds. Journey over the mighty Murray River into Victoria taking the scenic route to historic Beechworth, Victoria's best-preserved gold rush town. The region offers plenty of great photo opportunities, with tree-covered ranges, wild rivers and tranquil rural farmlands. Get to know Beechworth with an orientation and some storytelling over a "cuppa" with a local. Enjoy some free time to explore the antique shops, galleries and the museum. Tonight, you'll stay in the cathedral town of Wangaratta.
Day 3 - Travel to historic Glenrowan and on through Ned Kelly country to cosmopolitan Melbourne, Australia's sporting and cultural capital. Gain some interesting insights on an orientation tour of the city, then take some time to explore independently.
Day 4 - Today is free for you to explore the delights of Melbourne. You could start your morning with an up-close tour of Melbourne's laneways and spend your afternoon at Philip Island witnessing the Penguin Parade. If wine and lush scenery is more your style, check out the Puffing Billy Steam Train journey through the Dandenong Ranges followed by wine tasting in the Yarra Valley. Speak to your Tour Director, the many choices are yours.
Day 5 - Your holiday comes to an end after breakfast when you'll bid farewell to your Travel Director and fellow travellers.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 June 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 13 June 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans