Wild Kruger Camping
From 01/07/2021 to 03/01/2023
Take a memorable sunset safari in a private game reserve.
Enjoy two full-day game drives in the Kruger National Park.
Relax by a campfire under a starry sky while listening to the sounds of the night.
See the spectacular Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels on you return trip to Johanessburg.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Camping (with facilities) (3 nights).
Minibus,4X4 safari vehicle.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Private Game Reserve - Open Safari Vehicle Game Drive.
Kruger National Park - Full Day Game Drive.
Kruger Lodge Reserve - Morning Nature Walk.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Johannesburg/Kruger National Park Sawubona! Welcome to South Africa. Your Kruger Short Break starts very early this morning to get you to Kruger for a late lunch. If staying at the Holiday Inn Rosebank you will be picked up at 6am. If you are staying at alternate hotel (and advised us prior to departure) you will be picked up from 5:30am onwards. The exact time of pick-up for alternate hotels will be communicated to your hotel reception in the afternoon prior to day 1 of your itinerary. Please verify this time with reception the evening prior to your start day. We depart Johannesburg, the 'City of Gold' and head off on an adventure of a lifetime. A truly unique African experience unfolds as we enter the Greater Kruger National Park ecosystem arriving at our campsite in time for lunch (570 km, approx 8-9 hours travel time including stops along the way). One of the largest game reserves in Southern Africa, Kruger National Park is home to over 500 bird species, 100 species of reptile and 150 mammal species, including the Big Five and the endangered African wild dog. Our base camp for the next 3 nights is in the Guernsey Private Game Reserve on the edge of the Kruger National park. After some time to settle in, head off on a 3 hour afternoon game drive in open 4x4 vehicles in a private game reserve. Enjoy the thrill of spotting a impala, zebra, giraffe or lion, among other animals. Here you're likely to see any of the species that one may encounter in Kruger, since there are no boundary fences between the reserve and Kruger itself. Mid way through the safari stop for drinks at one of the waterholes before continuing the game drive into the early evening. While at our base camp, we camp in pre-erected 2 man Dome tents. A camp bed and sleeping mat will be provided. However you will be required to bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and sleep sheet if you require one. Please ask your booking agent about how you can book a sleeping bag for use on the ground. Campsite facilities include hot and cold showers with flushing toilets. You will also have access to the neighbouring lodge facilities such as swimming pool and bar.
Day 2 - Greater Kruger National Park After an early rise we depart our camp and enter the gates of the world renowned Kruger National Park. Our game drive takes us on one of the better game drive routes within the park, giving us the opportunity to view the varied landscapes, ecosystems and abundant wildlife that is unique to Kruger National Park. The entire day is spent game viewing, bird watching and stopping off at the various waterholes. You will take a break for lunch at one of the parks lunch spots along the way before continuing our Safari experience. Kruger National Park is reputed to have the continent's greatest variety of animals and its sprawling stretch of savanna offers one of the best safari experiences in Africa. After an exciting day’s game viewing head back to base camp to enjoy an evening of tranquility around the campfire.
Day 3 - Greater Kruger National Park Spend another entire day game viewing for a chance to catch the most elusive animals before heading back to camp for the night.
Day 4 - Greater Kruger National Park/Johannesburg Rise early and head out on a morning bush walk. Guided by a qualified nature guide, we learn about nature's finer details like bird, tree and spoor identification. Transfer back to Johannesburg (600 km, approx 9-10 hrs). There's plenty of time to stop and explore along the way. Take in amazing views at the viewpoint over the awesome Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels. On arrival in Jo'burg you can be dropped at the airport or any nominated Johannesburg or Pretoria hotel. No accommodation is provided for tonight, but we are able to book you additional accommodation in Johannesburg. Please ask at time of booking. Please don't book any international flights until after 10pm this evening.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans