Greek Island Getaway - 8 Days
From 2020-05-16 to 2020-10-03
7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 7 dinners.
7 nights aboard an air-conditioned gulet in a shared cabin with WC (equivalent to a 3 star plus standard of accommodation).
All relevant port taxes.
Services of the gulet captain and crew.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Bodrum Bodrum - gulet. Welcome to your gulet, your home for the following 7 nights, please note that embarkation begins at 3:30pm. Bodrum is a popular resort town with both foreign tourists and Istanbul – based weekenders. It‘s appeal mostly lies in its as yet undiscovered beauty by the masses yet this is changing with wealthy yacht owners mooring here on the way to far flung places and more tourists coming due to other areas such as Marmaris and Kusadasi becoming overcrowded. There are many watersport activities to take part in or perhaps an exploration of the incredible Castle of St Peter, built in 1406 by the Knights of St John to replace the fortress at Smyrna that had been destroyed by the Mongols. The castle is now home to the Museum of Underwater Archaeology and is well worth the visit.
Day 2 - Kos Bodrum - Kos. Today we cruise to the Greek island of Kos. Kos is a beautiful island with 290km of beach and a rich history. 3.5km northwest of Kos Town is ancient Asclepion, which was the birthplace of Hippocrates, the 'Father of Medical Sciences.' Kos is the second largest island of the 12 islands (Dodecanese islands) and has a very mild climate and very fertile lands. Upon arrival, you're free to explore and perhaps take a quick swim in Lambi Beach which is very close to Kos Harbor. Kos has a very lively nightlife and Nafklirou is the street with the most bars.
Day 3 - Nisyros Kos - Nisyros. Early this morning we set sail to Nisyros stopping en-route for a swim. The volcano on Nisiros island erupted in 1422 and is still active. Nikea village which clings to the side of the crater has charming white streets and a mosaic-style square. There is an optional bus tour to Nikea and the crater, where you can see the gases rising up eerily from underground.
Day 4 - Symi Nisyros - Symi. Our next port of call is to the charming bay of Nanou in Symi Island for a spot of lunch and swim before continuing to Symi Port where you'll see the picturesque shoreline. Symi is an enchanting island with pine and oak forests, beautiful bays and neo-classical houses.
Day 5 - Rhodes Symi - Rhodes. Early this morning we sail to Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese Islands. Rhodes Town is one of the largest and best preserved European Medieval cities and is steeped in history. The island was once the home of the knights of St John, then the Ottomans and Italians. The main port is in Rhodes Town, which is still surrounded by a 12m thick city wall and gives you the feeling of travelling back to Medieval times especially when walking its narrow, stone-paved roads. Independently explore the island or you can join an optional tour of the Old Town or Lindos on the south coast. Picturesque Lindos is a popular holiday destination, with a beautiful bay and towering Acropolis. After dinner, we highly recommend that you to enjoy a night out in Rhodes Town.
Day 6 - Knidos Rhodes - Datca - Knidos. We set sail back to the main land via Datca, where we have the opportunity to explore the harbour before continuing to our next stop - Palamutbuku, where we break for lunch and another chance to enjoy a refreshing dip in the Mediterranean. Our final destination today is Knidos on Turkey’s Datca Peninsula. Knidos was once one of the most famous cities in the ancient world. Today temple foundations, toppled columns, huge amphitheatres and a necropolis are the remnants of Knidos’ former glory. You can take a stroll around the shore to explore and see the ruins.
Day 7 - Black Island & Bodrum Knidos - Black Island - Bodrum. Early this morning we cruise to Karaada (Black Island). After breakfast there's the opportunity to swim at Poyraz Bay on the northern side of the island. This beautiful bay has crystal clear, turquoise waters. We then make our final journey back to Bodrum Harbour, where we'll have dinner and spend our last night.
Day 8 - Bodrum Bodrum. After breakfast tour arrangements draw to a close and you'll disembark the boat at 10.30am. If you need an onward transfer to the airport this can be arranged at the time of booking. We hope you have enjoyed your adventure through Turkey and Greece.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..