Alexandria Experience – Independent
From 01/07/2021 to 01/01/2023
Enjoy arranged transfers from Cairo and plenty of free time to take in the romance of Alexandria's waterfront at your own pace on this Egyptian Independent Experience.
Discover the heritage of Alexander the Great's seaside metropolis by exploring the Alexandria National Museum and visit the site of the Alexandria lighthouse.
Learn more about an important WWII battle at one of Egypt's best museums – the El Alamein War Museum – and pay your respects to the fallen at the nearby memorials.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Comfortable hotel (2 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Alexandria - Alexandria National Museum-Entry Fee.
Alexandria - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa.
El Alamein - Commonwealth War Cemetery visit.
El Alamein - War Museum.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo – Alexandria Begin your adventure at around 8 am, where you will be picked up from either the Novotel Cairo El Borg or another centrally located hotel – be ready and waiting in the foyer at 7.50 am. Drive out towards the pyramids before following the 'desert road' to the Mediterranean coastal city of Alexandria (approximately 3 hours). Along the way, there will be a short stop at a cafeteria. Once arrived and checked-in to your hotel in Alexandria, enjoy a guided exploration of the Alexandria Museum in the afternoon. It contains a fine display of Ancient Egyptian, Hellenistic and Muslim artefacts and statues. Continue on to visit the Roman Catacombs, before heading back to your hotel for a free evening.
Day 2 - Alexandria You will be collected from your hotel this morning for the 105-kilometre drive west to El Alamein (approximately 1.5 hours). On arrival you will visit the small but excellent museum, containing a substantial collection of wartime memorabilia. Continue then to the Commonwealth Cemetery, where you can pay your respects to the fallen. Certain visitors here may also be interested in a small but separate memorial for the Australian contingent. Enjoy an included lunch. In the summer months, there is usually the chance to have a swim on the way back to Alexandria this afternoon.
Day 3 - Alexandria–Cairo After breakfast you will be transferred back to Cairo – be ready for your transfer by 10.30 am. Depending on traffic conditions, you should be back at your Cairo hotel at around 2 pm. Your trip comes to end on arrival into Cairo, as there are no further activities planned.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans