Alexandria Experience - Independent
From 20/02/2020 to 02/01/2021
Discover the heritage of Alexander the Great's seaside metropolis by exploring the collections of the Alexandria National Museum.
Visit the site of one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World – the Alexandria lighthouse.
Learn more about an important WWII battle at one of Egypt's best museums, the El Alamein War Museum.
Enjoy plenty of free time taking in the romance of Alexandria's waterfront.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Comfortable hotel (2 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Alexandria - Alexandria National Museum-Entry Fee.
Alexandria - Catacombs of Kom Ash-Suqqafa.
El Alamein - Commonwealth War Cemetery visit.
El Alamein - War Museum.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo – Alexandria Your trip begins at 8am. You will be picked up from the Novotel Cairo El Borg (or your hotel of choice, if advised prior to departure). Please be ready and waiting in the hotel foyer at 7.50 am. You will then drive out towards the pyramids before following the 'desert road' to the Mediterranean coastal city of Alexandria (approximately 3 hours). Along the way there will be a short stop at a cafeteria. You will be taken to your hotel in Alexandria on arrival. In the afternoon, enjoy a guided exploration of the new Alexandria Museum. It contains a fine display of Ancient Egyptian, Hellenistic and Muslim artefacts and statues. Then it's off to visit the Roman Catacombs.
Day 2 - Alexandria You will be collected from your hotel this morning for the 105-kilometre drive west to El Alamein (approximately 1.5 hours). On arrival you will visit the small but excellent museum, containing a substantial collection of wartime memorabilia. Continue then to the Commonwealth Cemetery, where you can pay your respects to the fallen. Australian visitors here will also be interested in the small, separate memorial to the Australian contingent. In the summer months, there is usually the chance to have a swim on the way back to Alexandria. Lunch is included today.
Day 3 - Alexandria–Cairo After breakfast you will be transferred back to Cairo. Please be ready to be collected by 10.30 am. The morning is yours to explore the city as you please. Depending on traffic conditions, you should be back at your Cairo hotel at around 2 pm. Your trip comes to end on arrival into Cairo
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..