Cloud Forest Experience - Independent
From 28/02/2020 to 03/01/2022
Explore the charming cobbled streets and architectural marvels of Quito's old town.
Take in spectacular views along the scenic mountain road en route to the ecolodge.
Hear the many different timbres of tweeting tropical birds as you awake each morning.
Hike through the cloud forest with a naturalist guide to learn more about this remarkably diverse ecosystem.
Discover one of four beautiful waterfalls hidden in the forest.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Eco Lodge (1 night),Comfortable hotel (2 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Complimentary airport arrival transfer.
Complimentary Departure Transfer.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Quito Your trip starts today in Quito with an airport arrival transfer. Your local guide will welcome you this evening at your hotel. Afterwards, you are free to go out and enjoy a dinner (optional) in one of Quito's many fantastic eating spots. Quito sits 2850 metres above sea level, under the towering Volcan Pichincha. It is a beautiful city – arguably one of the most beautiful in South America. The city stretches along the valley and is surrounded by the Andes. Quito is not only the capital of Ecuador, but it also has one of the most impressive and well-preserved Old Town areas amongst all the South American cities.
Day 2 - Cloud Forest (Bellavista Lodge) Today you are picked up from the hotel at approximately 6.30 am. Leaving Quito we descend a scenic mountain road with forested mountains and beautiful views. Reaching the turn to Bellavista, you climb to the top of the mountain, again with fabulous views, where Bellavista lodge is perched. Settle into your room, enjoy a special breakfast whilst admiring the hummingbirds. Then you are invited to join the first hike into the forest. After a tasty lunch, you can take a guided hike with a Bellavista naturalist, or explore on your own. A guided hike will acquaint you with the exuberant vegetation (orchids, bromeliads, ferns, trees, etc) of the cloud forest, its bird life, and the fascinating adaptations to life in this special environment. The evening is relaxed; we recommend you take time to admire the incredible variety of moths, many of which are unknown to science. Keep an eye out for night birds such as the common potoo.
Day 3 - Cloud Forest/Quito After a refreshing night’s sleep, an early morning bird hike in the serene morning light is well worthwhile. At approximately 8 am, our special Bellavista breakfast is served. Afterwards, perhaps explore on your own, or go with a guide to a waterfall! Every hike reveals something new even for those of us who are fortunate enough to live in the forest every day! Lunch is served at 1 pm. Afterwards you can choose to take a short hike or just relax and enjoy observing the activity of the hummingbirds in flight. You are then driven back to Quito for your final night. Arrival in Quito is expected between 5 pm and 5.30 pm.
Day 4 - Quito Your Independent Experience finishes after breakfast with a departure transfer to the airport. Alternatively, why not join another Independent Experience to the majestic Cotopaxi volcano on the Cotopaxi & Quilotoa Experience – PSCOX.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..