From 28/02/2020 to 02/01/2021
Join an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide on a walk around the base of Uluru, an experience exclusive to Intrepid Travel.
This trips provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand.
Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru.
Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback.
Hike through natural amphitheaters, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon.
Discover the spiritual importance of the outback landscape to local First Nations communities on guided nature walks - exclusive to Intrepid.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (2 nts).
Age: min 8.
Group Size: 1 - 24.
Uluru & Kata Tjuta National Park Entrance.
Uluru Cultural Centre.
Maruku Arts cultural experience.
Kings Canyon Rim Walk.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Alice Springs - Uluru Starting in Alice Springs, we make our way to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and take a guided walk through the awe-inspiring Domes of Kata Tjuta. We then head to Australia's most iconic landmark - Uluru (Ayres Rock). As the sun begins to set below the horizon, enjoy some tasty snacks and watch the rock's rich colours change against the backdrop of a blazing Red Centre sunset. The perfect end to a remarkable day is awaiting you back at camp, as you enjoy a delicious spread of food with your group. If the weather permits, sit outside under the stars.
Day 2 - Uluru Sunrise An early start this morning is rewarded with an Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh enjoy a walk around the base of Uluru, gaining insights into the land and the local Mala Aboriginal people. After your stroll, we walk to the cave paintings near Mutitjulu Waterhole at the base of Uluru. You will be in the hands of an Anangu guide who will share the stories of this unique landscape and explain the Art, the Culture and connection to Land which will give you an exclusive insight to the meaning behind Anangu art and traditional culture. Once you’ve had lunch, perhaps purchase some art and craft at the Uluru Cultural Centre. Travel onto the exclusive campsite within Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon), where the group will eat and sleep for the night. Note: Total driving time today is around three and a half hours. Total walking time is approximately two hours (or up to 4 hours if you do the full 8.5km / 5.3mi base walk.)
Day 3 - Kings Canyon After breakfast, get your hiking shoes back on and head out to explore the impressive formations of Kings Canyon. You’ll be left breathless by the sheer beauty of the canyon, as you trek through the Amphitheatre, the Lost City, the lush and ancient Garden of Eden and the North and South Walls. Lunch is a welcome prospect, before you make your way back to Alice Springs, arriving around 6pm this evening. Maybe head out for an optional final dinner with your group this evening in Alice. Note: Total driving time approx. five hours. Total walking time is approx three hours.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..