Kangaroo Island Adventure
From 21/02/2020 to 01/04/2021
Loll about with the local sea lions at Seal Bay.
Give sandboarding a crack amid the white sand dunes of Little Sahara.
Hand feed kangaroos and wallabies at the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park.
Take in the impressive coastal views from the top of Prospect Hill.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Lodge (1 nt).
Age: min 18.
Group Size: 1 - 24.
Rob's shearing and sheepdogs.
Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery.
Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Sandboarding at Little Sahara.
Emu Bay Lavender Farm.
Kangaroo Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Adelaide to Kangaroo Island After an early morning bus ride from Adelaide Central Bus Station (departs 6:45am), travel along the picture-perfect Fleurieu Peninsula to Cape Jervis for the 45-minute SeaLink ferry ride to Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island. While crossing, it is not uncommon to have an escort of local dolphins that can be viewed from the dolphin deck on the boat. Once you disembark, stop in at Rob's Shearing and Sheepdogs to check out how sheep are shorn, then continue to Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery – the only commercial eucalyptus distillery in South Australia. Next up is a visit to the Seal Bay Conservation Park, where you'll have the opportunity to see rare Australian Sea-lions up close in a wild breeding colony. Travel on to the white sand dunes of the Little Sahara, where you’ll get the chance to give sand boarding a shot. Return to Penshaw for your overnight stay at Penneshaw Beach Stay. Enjoy some free time to swim, stroll or enjoy the spectacular views at Hoh Bay Beach, take the Kangaroo Island Sculpture Walk through the native bushland, visit the Penneshaw Penguin Centre or relax with a cold beer at the Penneshaw Hotel. Dinner is included at Sorrento's Pizzeria. Notes: The coach transfer from Adelaide to the ferry is approximately 1.5 hours, with a sailing time of 45 minutes. On the Island, you will spend approximately 2 hours in the vehicle with frequent sightseeing. Walking and active time will depend on which optional activities you choose in the afternoon.
Day 2 - Kangaroo Island to Adelaide After breakfast, pop into the Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park where you'll have the opportunitey to walk amongst kangaroos and wallabies and help to hand feed them. Many of the animals in the wildlife park are being cared for after being rescued from the bushfires. Visit Raptor Domain for an awe-inspiring in-flight display of Australian Birds of Prey. The interactive experience will demonstrate the natural skills, adaptions and hunting techniques of Wedge Tailed Eagles, Kookaburras, Sea Eagles and Australian Kestrels to name a few. Take a stroll through the Emu Bay Lavender farm and enjoy a freshly prepared lunch overlooking the vibrant lavender varieties in terraced rows. Spoil yourself with essential oils and scented candles at the gift shop where you will also have the opportunity to purchase other Kangaroo Island products (at own expense). Reward yourself with views as far as Mount Lofty in the Adelaide Hills or the south coast and Pennington Bay after a climb to the highest point of Kangaroo Island, Prospect Hill. There might be several stops made en-route to Penneshaw, where you can purchase dinner (own expense) before you arrive back in Adelaide. Note: Driving times are no longer than 30 minutes, with constant stops for sightseeing. The ferry Journey is approximately 45 minutes back to the mainland with a journey of 1.5 hours back to central Adelaide. Arrival time will be approximately 10:40pm. Walking distances are several hundred metres at each location. Note: Driving time whilst on the Island will be the majority of the day, with constant stops for sightseeing. The ferry Journey is approximately 45 minutes back to the mainland with a journey of 1.5 hours back to central Adelaide. Arrival time will be approximately 10:40pm. Walking distances are several hundred metres at each location.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..