Felucca Explorer & Red Sea - 13 Days
From 2020-04-25 to 2020-12-26
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches, 2 dinners.
9 nights 3 - 4 star hotels, 2 nights aboard felucca (open deck).
4 days in Hurghada on the Red Sea - swim, sun and sand.
Airport arrival and departure transfer, day 1 and day 13.
Touring of Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor, Aswan and Kom Ombo.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Ave group size: 16 persons.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Saturday. Welcome to Egypt! You will be met at Cairo airport and transferred to our start hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza This morning we have a short welcome meeting before making our way to see the sole survivors of the ancient Seven Wonders of the World and the world’s oldest tourist attraction - the legendary Pyramids of Giza. Known as Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus the great pyramids were built over 4500 years ago and the largest pyramid was built from over 2.5 million limestone blocks Cheops is the largest of the great pyramids and it is thought to have taken 100,000 workers more than 20 years to construct. For a real Arabian experience consider hiring a camel to ride across the sands of Giza or take your time to marvel at the pyramids and world-famous Sphinx.
This afternoon we travel onto the Zhoser’s step pyramid located in the necropolis of Saqqara. The pyramid was constructed by Imhotep, the pharaoh’s chief architect, in 2700 BC and became the guide for all future pyramid construction. We complete our day souvenir shopping at the bustling Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
Day 3 - Cairo Cairo - Luxor. Our morning begins exploring the incredible Egyptian relics and antiquities including the treasures of King Tutankhamun and his famous solid gold funerary mask in the Egyptian Museum. We then board our coach this afternoon for the 9 hour journey south to Luxor.
Day 4 - Luxor Luxor - Aswan. We venture to the incredible tomb strewn Valley of the Kings on Luxor's West Bank this morning where we’re greeted by the towering 18m Colossi of Memnon - an iconic pair of statues of Pharaoh Amenhotep III facing the River Nile. We then make our way to explore the beautiful colonnaded Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, which rises out of the desert plain in a series of terraces and the Valley of the Kings which is studded with beautifully decorated tombs that were carved into the desert rocks to house the regal sarcophagi enclosed mummies of the mighty pharaohs awaiting passage into the after-life, including the famous tomb of King Tutankhamun.
Our afternoon finds us heading south to Aswan, Egypt’s sunniest southern city where we have an evening to relax and walk along the beautiful river Nile.
Day 5 - Aswan Aswan - Nile Felucca Cruise. This morning there is an optional excursion to the rock-cut temple of Abu Simbel today. before a short boat ride to Agilika Island for a guided tour of the Philae Temple – a temple dedicated to the goddess Isis and the last classical Egyptian style temple.
Our afternoon finds us boarding our Nile felucca which will be our home for the next two nights as we embark on a voyage down the River Nile. Feluccas are simple sailboats based on a unique design and have plied the Nile since ancient times. Nothing beats the experience of sleeping under a blanket of stars. The boat’s deck is draped with soft colourful cushions that serve as your lounging area during the day and as your sleeping area at night.
Day 6 - Felucca Cruise Nile Felucca Sailing - Kom Ombo. We continue to spend the day taking in the scenery as we sail down the Nile until we port in Kom Ombo, a sleepy agricultural town surrounded by sugar cane fields.
Day 7 - Aswan Kom Ombo - Luxor. This morning we leave our felucca behind to explore the temple dedicated to the crocodile headed god - Sobek.
Upon arriving back to Luxor, the evening offers free time or your can opt to join us for a guided tour of the Luxor temple which is best seen at night when it’s illuminated by hundreds of lights.
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Hurghada. This morning we visit the colossal Temple of Karnak which was at the heart of religious life in ancient Egypt. The incredible complex of chapels, halls, sanctuaries all dedicated to the Theban gods truly is a sight to behold. After there is time to relax and enjoy a swim in the pool before driving east later this afternoon to Hurghada part of the beautiful Red Sea Riviera for 4 days on the beach!
Day 9-11 - Hurghada Our next three days are at leisure to spend however we please. Hurghada’s central location provides a gateway to prime offshore reefs so there’s no shortage of activities available to keep active including boarding, deep-sea fishing, SCUBA diving and snorkelling. For those looking to relax, sit back and soak up the sunshine at the hotel pool or explore one of the many restaurants and lively bars on offer.
Day 12 - Cairo Hurghada - Cairo. Today we bid farewell to the beautiful beach town and drive back to the hustle and bustle of Cairo. After checking into our hotel we have the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 13 - Cairo Thursday. Cairo. After breakfast, hotel check-out and onward transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..