Buenos Aires To Rio De Janeiro
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Rivaling Madrid or Paris for sophistication and culture, the tree-lined boulevards of fashionable Buenos Aires are home to superb restaurants, art galleries, museums, the magnificent Teatro de Colon and the brightly colored houses of La Boca barrio. As the sun sets, Recoleta awakens and the passionate melodies of the tango rise from the milangas along San Telmo’s cobbled streets. Few cities in South America share the ambiance, lifestyle and amenities that make Buenos Aires so endearing.
Day 2 - Montevideo Laid-back Montevideo is home to nearly half of Uruguay’s population. The relatively small capital is the nation’s only major city, yet visitors do not come here in search of the hustle and bustle of a large metropolis. It is said that Montevideanos themselves travel to Buenos Aires and São Paulo when they crave big city excitement. As Uruguay’s cultural, political and economical center, the city boasts a good number of monuments, museums and impressive architecture.
Day 3 - Punta del Este Spend the day enjoying this beautiful, chic beach resort, its marinas, museums and fascinating shops. Or venture into the equally picturesque countryside and visit a cattle station. Take a trip to Sea Wolves Island and view a colony of endangered sea lions and seals. Visit the 18th-century city of Maldonado with its many enchanting buildings, cathedral and lovely museum. Look for fine leather goods, jewelry and artwork. Excellent beef and seafood highlight the menus here.
Day 4 - Rio Grande Explore this lovely old Portuguese city, its gracious squares and beautiful churches. Visit the Museum of Sacred Art and the fascinating Oceanographic Museum. Or see the vast pampas and feel the gaucho life on a local estancia.
Day 5 - Cruise the Atlantic Ocean
Day 6 - Porto Belo Discover the quaint fishing village charm and lively beach atmosphere of Porto Belo, tucked at the base of lush mountains on a sparkling emerald bay. Take a few moments to peruse the wharf shops before shuttling off to the main square in downtown Porto Belo. Look for unique Brazilian beachwear, jewelry and hand carved wooden art pieces. Enjoy a tour of the area. Then, visit Quatros Ilhas Beach to enjoy fresh seafood, shrimp, and the famous Caipirinha made from Brazil’s sugar cane liquor, cachaca at a beachside café. Relax to the soft whisper of the waves in this beach lover’s paradise.
Day 7 - Santos Journey inland to vibrant São Paulo and see its modern skyscrapers and monuments, and visit the beautiful art museum. Or explore charming Santos and its extraordinary Botanical Garden including an Orchidarium with over 100 flower species and an aviary alive with macaws, toucans and parrots. Take a scenic drive to Guaruja and visit the resort town's fascinating aquarium.
Day 8 - Ilha Grande Some of Brazil's most gorgeous beaches and exotic rainforests can be found 120 miles south of Rio de Janeiro on the Ilha Grande. Ilha Grande boasts over 200 beaches and historically was a pirates hideaway. Enjoy exploring this beautiful island hiking its trails, kayaking, snorkeling, diving to spectacular sites or simply relaxing on its gorgeous beaches. Savor the dense Atlantic forest, the birds, flowers, iguanas, monkeys and myriad wildlife found in this protected reserve. Please be advised that due to the under-developed nature of this destination, organized tours are not available.
Day 9 - Buzios The tiny fishing village of Búzios, just 105 miles from Rio de Janeiro, is considered one of the ten most beautiful spots in the world. The village burst into prominence when French actress Brigitte Bardot visited here in her heyday (there’s a statue of her looking out to sea on the Orla Bardot). Today, this once sleepy village is an international resort -- St. Tropez, with a unique Brazilian beat. Búzios offers some of South America’s most attractive beaches. Indeed, you could lounge on one magnificent beach each hour of the day, sipping a delicious caipirinhas of course.
Day 10 - Rio De Janeiro There’s a little bit of Carnival celebrated here everyday. From its famous beaches to its iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer, Rio radiates an air of exuberance that is hard to find anywhere else. Make the scene on trendy Ipanema or take a cable car to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain and enjoy the amazing views. Sway your hips to the rhythm at a samba show or enjoy the tranquility of king Dom João VI’s Botanical Gardens and verdant Tijuca Forest.
Day 11 - Rio De Janeiro There’s a little bit of Carnival celebrated here everyday. From its famous beaches to its iconic statue of Christ the Redeemer, Rio radiates an air of exuberance that is hard to find anywhere else. Make the scene on trendy Ipanema or take a cable car to the summit of Sugar Loaf Mountain and enjoy the amazing views. Sway your hips to the rhythm at a samba show or enjoy the tranquility of king Dom João VI’s Botanical Gardens and verdant Tijuca Forest.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..