the Lustre of Cape Leveque
From 01-May-2020 to 30-Sep-2020
Join a local expert at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm and discover how the world's finest pearls are produced.
Journey to Cape Leveque and the remote camp of Kooljaman where you will learn about the cultural traditions of the local Bardi Jawi.
Visit the beautiful Beagle Bay Church and view its decorative altar covered in mother of pearl shells.
Experiences in five destinations.
Locally-inspired dining - a total of six meals.
Expert APT Driver-Guide.
Airport transfers and park fees.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Broome, Cygnet Bay Depart Broome this afternoon and journey to Cape Leveque to visit the remote camp of Kooljaman, which is owned and run by the Indigenous Bardi Jawi Communities. Dinner tonight will be accompanied by an Indigenous host at Kooljaman. Later, arrive at Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm and settle in to your unique accommodation for the next two nights.
Day 2 - Cygnet Bay Start your day with breakfast overlooking Cygnet Bay before a Signature Experience. Cygnet Bay is the oldest Australian and family owned pearl farm. It has been operating since 1946 and is still leading the industry with some of the largest and most exquisite pearls in the world. After lunch, take to the water on a Sea Safari and cruise the ancient landscapes of the Buccaneer Archipelago. Watch the sunset on Shell Island before dinner back at Cygnet Bay this evening.
Day 3 - Beagle Bay, Broome Farewell the Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm this morning and visit the Ardyaloon Trochus Hatchery & Aquaculture Centre at One Arm Point. Here you will learn about the cultural traditions of the local Bardi Jawi communities and gain a fascinating insight into the Dreamtime. The Bardi Jawi retain a strong connection to their rich culture and saltwater traditions, and you'll learn about the hunting and gathering methods that have been passed down by their ancestors over the years. Aftwerwards, continue to Beagle Bay, a small Indigenous community that was founded in 1890 by French Trappist monks. Visit the Beagle Bay Church and view its decorative altar. An abundance of mother of pearl shells from local waters have been laid into the plaster, giving it a unique finish. Later, return to Broome as your discovery of Cape Leveque comes to an end this afternoon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..