Mexican Fiesta(Twin Room,Start Puerto Vallarta, End Cancun)
From 11/01/2021 to 15/02/2021
We always provide comfortable accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere - think comfy hotels with bright communal areas for you and your new squad to relax and socialise.
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us - but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample the best local cuisine.
Taste all the best local delicacies - from simple street eats to gourmet fare.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Puerto Vallarta Welcome to Puerta Vallarta - and what a place to kick off our adventure! One of the most popular beach towns in Mexico, it's easy to see why this place is known as the 'Mexican Riviera'. Spa, pool, relax, repeat are all high on the agenda today. You'll be thinking "this is the life" - and that's before we top it all off with a beachfront dinner, with the water and twinkling lights setting an unforgettable scene.We're best friends already, and it's only day one. What will tomorrow have in store?
Day 2 - Puerto Vallarta Today you're free as a bird and that means exploring as much or as little of Puerto Vallarta as you like. Punta Mita is known for perfect beginner waves if surfing along a secluded bay is your thing; if not, then there are plenty of other activities on offer, including a ride on a pirate ship cruise compete with an acrobatic performance and fireworks. What else? Where to begin? Today you could find yourself speeding through the jungle on a zipline, or spending the day away at the quaint coastal town of Sayulita. And for those keen to kick it right in downtown Puerto Vallarta, head to some beachside watering holes for drinks, giant lobster feasting, swims and people watching. It's a hard life. And we're just getting started.
Day 3 - Puerto Vallarta to Guadalajara via Tequila Bye bye beach hangs, but don't worry, this isn't your last taste of Mexican beach life - we'll see you soon, sea.Looking for even more cultural immersion? There's nothing more Mexican than tequila, so why not head to a genuine distillery where you can learn how this fiery spirit is made and taste some for yourself. And if that's put you in the fiesta mood, you're in the right place. While you stroll around the streets you'll get a feel for the old and new world architecture that this place is known for - as well as some seriously electric nightlife.It's time to learn about the city known as the 'Pearl of the West', Guadalajara, with its four main squares and glorious cathedral. Then you could go and find a spot to watch one of the city's famous live Mariachi bands do its thing.
Day 4 - Guadalajara to Guanajuato Today Guadalajara reveals itself in a different way when you cruise up to see the city from another vantage point at, Ceboruco - a now inactive volcano. It last erupted from 1870-1875 and is a fabulous place to gain a panoramic perspective. Next up you'll hit the old colonial city of Guanajuato where you will learn about the history of the famous silver mining town and how the economy has shaped much of its culture. Heavy on the Spanish influence, this UNESCO World Heritage city will transport you to another time and get lost for hours in its quaint cobblestone alleyways. Uncover the tales of the town, it's famous 'Mummies' and its most famous lovers at the 'Alley of Kisses'. Next up, the Hidalgo Market, designed by Gustave Eiffel himself.
Day 5 - Guanajuato to Mexico City Thanks to the bright facades of Guanajuato, your eyes should be wide open by now. Just in time too, because there is so much to see Mexico City.Mexico City is the largest city in the country and impressively, the oldest capital in Central America. Known for its Aztec temple, its surprising altitude at 2200m, and mountainous landscape, this place is busy, bustling and oh-so-wonderful.
Day 6 - Mexico City The theme 'getting out there' will take on a whole new meaning today. Floating gardens, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera are the focus for this leg of your journey in this bustling city. Get stuck into the local flavours by tasting some Mexican delicacies at a local market. Then, tonight, re-fuel with city eats, like enchiladas, tamales and tacos. Even head out and get a little loco, if the mood takes you...
Day 7 - Mexico City It's a busy one today, travellers. Archaeological city Teotihuacan, pyramids and Aztec temples are the focus for this leg of your journey. As you go, local guides will kindly impart their extensive knowledge on many interesting topics so you're in the know on anything and everything. We'll even take to the water for a traditional Trajinera boat, where you can grab a drink, do some shopping and watch the world float on past. And if you happen to be here at the right time, you might even get to experience Lucha Libre, Mexican wrestling!
Day 8 - Depart Mexico City Our fiesta comes to a close today as we say our sad farewells in Mexico City. Swap deets - another Contiki adventure is on the horizon. Arrive Puerto Vallarta Beachfront Dinner in Puerto Vallarta Guadalajara to Guanajuato Visit Hospicio Caba?as Guided City Tour of Guadalajara Guanajuato to Mexico City Walking tour of Guanajuato Mexico City Food tasting at local market in Mexico City Visit Coyoacan birthplace of Frida Kahlo Mexico City Day 2 Visit the ancient ruins of Teotihuacan Guided tour of Teotihuacan
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..