Wonders of Kenya
From 19/04/2020 to 28/12/2020
VISIT Samburu National Reserve, Aberdare National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park, Maasai Mara National Game ReserveVIEW Thomson's Falls in Nyahururu.
8 breakfasts7 lunches (including Be My Guest)7 dinnersDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsHand-picked hotels, lodges and luxury safari campsHand-picked Trip HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director, Driver Guide or Trafalgar RepresentativeAll hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Karibu! Your Kenyan safari adventure begins in the capital, Nairobi, where you will be met at the airport by a Trafalgar Representative and transferred to your hotel. Spend the evening with your fellow explorers and your Driver Guide enjoying a delicious Welcome Reception at the world-famous Carnivore restaurant. The full duration of this itinerary is operated by a 4 X 4 safari vehicle, including all road travel and safari game drives. The trip will travel over a variety of terrains, resulting in some rough and bumpy journeys.
2 - 'Make A Difference' this morning during your visit to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Here you'll learn about the organisation's acclaimed Orphans' Project which provides hope for the future of Kenya's threatened elephant and rhino populations. Watch the resident baby elephants wallowing in their daily mud bath, then travel to the leafy suburb of Karen for lunch followed by a visit to the Karen Blixen Museum, the former home of the famous Danish 'Out of Africa' author who chose Kenya as her home.
3 - Leave the hustle and bustle of Nairobi behind and embark on a 4x4 journey north through the Mt. Kenya region. Continue your safari adventure with an afternoon game drive in Samburu National Reserve, tracking such species as the Grevy's Zebra and the Reticulated Giraffe endemic to the northern Kenya region. Your accommodation tonight is a luxury tented camp on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River.
4 - Made famous in the award-winning book and movie Born Free, Samburu National Reserve was the home of Elsa, the famous lioness raised by conservationists George and Joy Adamson. Rise early with the birds and embark on a morning game drive through acacia forest and expansive grasslands in search of wildlife. Relax at your camp on your return then head out back out into the savannah on a late afternoon game drive.
5 - Journey south to Aberdare National Park, where en route you'll 'Connect With Locals' over the robust aromas of coffee during a 'Be My Guest' experience on a plantation in the highlands of central Kenya. You'll have an opportunity to sample some of the local coffee and learn how your hosts are part of a cooperative system from production through to sale. Stay overnight in one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - The Ark Lodge. Reminiscent of Noah's Ark, this accommodation offers four viewing areas from which to observe the endemic bird and animal species which frequent the on-site waterhole and salt lick.
6 - Have your camera ready for a photo stop at the spectacular Thomson's Falls before connecting with the soul of Africa's Great Rift Valley. Visit the bird watcher's paradise that is Lake Nakuru National Park, then join your Driver Guide for an afternoon game drive to spot pink flamingos lining the lakeshore and to search for lion and leopard.
7 - Your journey continues to the world-renowned Maasai Mara National Reserve, your home for the next two nights. During your time here, spend some time at your lodge's watering hole where large pods of hippo can often be seen.
8 - Don your hat and polish those binoculars for a full day of safari in Maasai Mara's wilderness. When you're not traversing the savannah in search of the Big 5, you'll 'Dive Into Culture' and join a Maasai community in their local village. Watch the colourfully clad warriors demonstrate their jumping prowess, then tour the village to gain in-depth insights into their daily life. Later, indulge in a bush picnic - the sounds of the bush the perfect accompaniment while you keep your eyes peeled for the flash of resident Bee-eaters, Rollers and Hoopoes flitting from tree to tree.
9 - Your Kenyan safari adventure at its end, you'll return to Nairobi, where a day room has been reserved for you at one of Nairobi's airport hotels prior to your evening flight home.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 01 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.