San Francisco Explorer
From 18/06/2020 to 14/12/2020
CITY TOUR of San FranciscoVISIT Alamo Square, home to the famous "Painted Ladies," Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, Sonoma, Ravenswood Winery,.
4 breakfasts3 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Connect with the invigorating spirit of San Francisco - your home for the next four nights and one of America's most beloved cities. Your hotel and 'Stay with Story' is the celebrated Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel, the Grande Dame of San Francisco's boutique hotels, a short 5-minute walk from Union Square. This evening join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception at your hotel.
2 - Tap into San Francisco's iconic locations as well as its nooks and crannies that only locals know. Stroll down Alamo Square, home to the famous "Painted Ladies" the famous "postcard row" of brightly painted Victorian houses. Then zigzag down charming flower-lined Lombard Street, known as the crookedest street in the world. Cross the famous Golden Gate Bridge and head north to Sonoma Valley, Wine Country. There is free time at historic Sonoma Plaza for lunch and browse the unique gift shops. YOUR CHOICE OF: DINNER Enjoy your choice of dinner this evening. A guided introduction to San Francisco's Chinatown, a small but fascinating place full of alleys lined with temples, tongs, and shops; learn the colorful history of the oldest Chinatown in the US. Your tour ends with a Chinese feast at one of San Francisco's favorite Chinese restaurants. For a totally different experience, enjoy a unique Off the Grid curated food experience. More dynamic than restaurants, Food Trucks or mobile food is fueled by diverse, enterprising small business owners who entice diners with a wide array of exciting food options. Your evening comes to a close in time to rest for the next day of sightseeing.
3 - This morning, visit one of America's greatest farmer's markets at the historic Ferry Building Marketplace. The market is widely acclaimed for both the quality and diversity of its fresh farm products, artisan products and prepared foods. YOUR CHOICE OF: SIGHTSEEING Enjoy your choice of sightseeing this morning. Head for San Francisco's famous Golden Gate Park. Be ready for a different experience as you explore the park by electric Segway. After a quick lesson on how to operate your Segway, you will have a blast as you glide through landscaped trails, visit hidden sights, and learn the park's historical transformation from bleak sand dunes to today's lush landscape. Your second choice also takes you to Golden Gate Park and combines visits to two jewels in San Francisco's museums crown: the 125-year old de Young Museum and the California Academy of Sciences. The de Young's permanent collection spans the gamut from ancient artifacts, paintings, ancient textiles and contemporary gowns by famous designers such as Oscar de la Renta. The California Academy of Sciences, on the other hand, combines aquarium, planetarium, rainforest and Natural History Museum, all under one living roof. This afternoon and evening are free to enjoy the city on your terms. Your Travel Director will have options to help you plan the rest of your day.
4 - YOUR CHOICE OF: SIGHTSEEING Enjoy your choice of sightseeing this morning. A trip to Muir Woods, a sanctuary for California's giant redwoods. Venture over the Golden Gate Bridge to this isolated canyon filled with ancient coastal redwood trees, also known as Muir Woods National Monument. Enjoy solitude and peace, breathing the cool, moist air, as you wander along alleyways, surrounded by thousand-year-old trees. Or be tempted by guided walk across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and on to Sausalito, a quaint bayside town with great views of the San Francisco skyline. There is free time to wander around and explore the shops and art galleries before a bowl of chowder at a waterfront restaurant. Return to San Francisco's Pier 41 at lively Fisherman's Wharf by scenic ferry. Another afternoon to do as you please in San Francisco before getting together with your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a final Farewell Dinner with wine at celebrity chef Tyler Florence's Wayfare Tavern, featuring authentic American dishes inspired by local cuisine at the turn of the 20th century.
5 - Say goodbye to vibrant San Francisco and your newfound friends, then take a transfer to the airport or extend your stay.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 07 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.