Christmas Markets of Poland, Prague & Germany - Winter 2020 2021
From 22/11/2020 to 15/12/2020
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Krak?w. Transfers for your hotel depart Krak?w airport at 10:30, 12:30 and 15:00. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 17:00 for a Welcome Dinner with wine at a local restaurant. Afterwards, get your first taste of Polish old-world charm with a walk around the magnificent Cloth Hall in the Market Square. Wrapped in romantic gabled townhouses and Gothic spires, the festive Christmas Market stalls are a Disneyesque dream, offering all sorts of delicacies and delights - from Highland woollen slippers to amber jewellery from the Baltic. Maybe try the traditional oscypek cheese with cranberries, a delicacy from the Tatra mountains?(Dinner with Wine)
Day 2 - Krak?w. Perhaps spend some reflective moments during your free time and visit Auschwitz concentration camp? Later, ascend Wawel Hill with your Local Expert to see the Renaissance castle and visit the cathedral - the final resting place of the Kings of Poland. Then cross the former Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz to Old Podg?rze, the Old Town, to see Ghetto Square and remains of the Ghetto Wall. The rest of the day is at leisure and allows you to explore the traditional Christmas Market located in the Old Town's historic district. You'll find yourself immersed in festive spirit as you shop for authentic Christmas decorations, gifts, toys and tasty treats.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Wroc?aw, the Venice of Poland. Enjoy your Relaxed Start and a free morning or why not visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine ? Later, continue to the city of Wroc?aw, known as the Venice of Poland, made up of five rivers, 12 islands and over 150 bridges. Rated as one of the finest in Europe, Wroc?aw's Christmas Market offers a delightful, fairy-tale charm. Enjoy an orientation of the market, located in Rynek, the historic main square which is surrounded by Baroque splendour and adorned with thousands of twinkling lights. Spend time exploring the vast array of stalls bursting with local crafts and tasty treats.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 4 - Kutn? Hora and Prague. Cross the Czech border and head for Kutn? Hora, a town that flourished during the Middle Ages thanks to vast deposits of silver. Continue your travels to the Czech capital of Prague.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 5 - Prague, City of a Hundred Spires. With your Local Expert, see the Vltava River from the heights of Prague Castle. Meet a local stallholder for a glass of Sva??k (mulled wine) and Trdeln?k pastry.(Breakfast)
Day 6 - Dresden and Berlin. Cross the German border to Dresden. Gaze up at the Frauenkirche, risen once again from wartime ashes. Your guided exploration with a Local Expert will continue past the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace. During your free time perhaps seek out the delicious Christstollen, a Christmas cake recipe dating back to medieval times, or shop for a traditional Christmas pyramid. Then journey on to Berlin.(Breakfast)
Day 7 - The Spirit of Berlin. Join a Local Expert to see the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Unter den Linden, and the beautifully-restored Reichstag building. Feel free to soak up the Weihnachtszauber, or Christmas magic, at the Gendarmenmarkt, which is Berlin's most magnificent square. Alternatively, you are free to saunter through any of the Christmas Markets that are dotted around the city. For your Celebration Dinner, enjoy delightful German cuisine and wine at a local family-run restaurant, complete with Gem?tlichkeit.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Day 8 - Auf Wiedersehen Berlin. Your journey draws to a close after breakfast. Departure transfers arrive at Berlin airport at 07:00 and 10:00.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Prague: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and savour a steaming mug of Sva??k, traditional mulled wine, along with the local Trdeln?k pastry. Berlin: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with delightful German cuisine and wine at a local, family-run restaurant, complete with music and Gem?tlichkeit. Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Insight Experiences Prague: With a Local Expert, look down on the Vltava River from the heights of Prague Castle, dominated by the soaring spires of St. Vitus' Cathedral. Berlin: With a Local Expert, see the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall and the beautifully-restored Reichstag Building. Top Rated Highlights Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Gl?hwein, available on all departures. Krak?w: Take in the ambience with a walk around the magnificent Cloth Hall in the Market Square to see the Christmas Market. Krak?w: Ascend Wawel Hill with a Local Expert to see the Renaissance castle and visit the historic cathedral. Krak?w: Cross the former Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz to Old Podg?rze to see Ghetto Square and remains of the Ghetto Wall. Wroc?aw: Be delighted with the thousands of twinkling lights adorning the market in the historic main square of Rynek. Dresden: Your guided tour shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..