Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
From 01/04/2020 to 03/04/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Cairns (3 Nights) Ease into the laidback vibe of Cairns and spend the day at leisure soaking up your coastal surrounds.
Day 2 - Great Barrier Reef Journey to the Great Barrier Reef and discover its underwater kaleidoscope of vivid colours. A high-speed catamaran takes you to the outer edge of this natural wonder which spans some 35 million hectares, making it the largest reef structure and marine park in the world. View the spectacular coral display and tropical fish that find sanctuary in its midst, from the comfort of an underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft. Or take to the water, donning your mask and flippers for a snorkel to see these marine creatures up close (equipment provided). Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the water before returning to Cairns early evening.
Day 3 - Tjapukai - Skyrail - Kuranda Scenic Rail Discover the secrets of the world's oldest living culture during a visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park set amidst the rainforest. Gain a deeper understanding of the traditions and heritage that are revealed through bush food lessons, didgeridoo and fire-making demonstrations and the famous Tjapukai Dance. Then, it's a short distance to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which will take you through the World Heritage rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. There are two rainforest stations where you can enjoy a boardwalk tour and observe this ancient rainforest from spectacular lookouts. On arrival in Kuranda, there is free time to explore the 'village in the rainforest' and its many attractions, including the Heritage Markets. Afterwards, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for a historic journey through some of the world's oldest rainforest. Passing the spectacular Stoney Creek Falls your journey winds through man-made tunnels and across bridges to arrive at its destination of Freshwater Station.
Day 4 - Depart Cairns Your rainforest and reef encounter concludes this morning after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..