From 01/11/2020 to 28/03/2021
WALKING TOUR of Paris with a Local SpecialistSMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy an in-depth, intimate guided tour of the fascinating Louvre Museum in a group size of no more than 25 guestsORIENTATION tour of ParisVISIT the Royal Estate of Versailles including the Royal Palace, the Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet 'Le Petit Hameau' and the 'village' of MontmartreVIEW the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Élysées, the Paris Opera House, the Arc de Triomphe, the Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral.
7 breakfasts1 lunch2 dinners1 Parisian Brasserie voucherAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted HighlightsVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Paris is yours to explore on this in-depth City Explorer. Check in to your centrally located hotel and spend the afternoon getting to know your surrounds. Wander through the leafy boulevards and winding lanes of the French capital, stopping for a leisurely caf? au lait while watching sophisticated Parisians go by. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a quintessentially Parisian Welcome Reception.
2 - Join your Travel Director this morning for a tour of this mesmerising city. View the grand Champs ?lys?es, Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe, built by Napoleon in the 19th century. Delve into its hidden squares and secret passages, visiting one of Paris's most historic neighbourhoods and a favourite local haunt that remains a secret to outsiders. Afterwards 'Dive Into Culture' when we visit Fragonard Parfumerie for a visit with a certified 'nose' who will guide you in the creation of your own unique fragrance.
3 - Spend the day soaking up the sights and sounds of this elegant European capital. Your Travel Director will suggest activities and attractions that will ensure a memorable day spent discovering Paris. You may wish to experience a full-day Optional Experience on the northern coast of France to uncover the poignant history of the D-Day Landings. Spend your evening at leisure exploring the city's glittering sights at night.
4 - Tread in the footsteps of French nobility and explore the opulence and splendour of Versailles. Join a 'Local Specialist' as you wander through the palace's extraordinary Hall of Mirrors and Battles Gallery. Stroll through the picturesque Royal Gardens and visit the Petit Trianon to see first-hand how the French Royal Family lived in private before discovering Marie Antoinette's Hamlet. Spend your evening at leisure and use your provided Brasserie voucher to dine at one of the nearby brasseries.
5 - Explore the intriguing and beautiful Marais district on a walking tour. See the mansions and courtyards of this delightful corner of Paris. Then, 'Dive Into Culture', savouring the exquisite flavours of French cuisine as you meet a Parisian chef for an unforgettable lunch experience. Delve into local culinary secrets, and delicious flavours and aromas, which you will have an opportunity to create yourself and enjoy afterwards. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, perhaps connect with the pageantry of a traditional cabaret performance at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.
6 - A leisurely start to our morning sees us take a private street trolley car back in time to the colourful hillside "village" of Montmartre and home to the picturesque Sacr?-Coeur. Join your 'Local Specialist' and 'Dive Into Culture' as we tread in the footsteps of Picasso, Dali and Van Gogh, as you wander through hidden squares, artists' haunts and romantic hideaways. Spend the rest of the day on your own embracing your inner bon vivant, before embarking on a special evening experience at the renowned Louvre museum. Enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the museum during this Small Group Sightseeing tour with your 'Local Specialist'.
7 - Perhaps admire the exquisite collection of modern art in the Centre George Pompidou or enjoy an Optional Experience to the inspirational gardens of Monet at Giverny. This evening, join your Travel Director and companions for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
8 - After breakfast, it's time to bid Paris au revoir as you prepare to return home after a memorable break in one of the world's greatest cities. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 23 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.