From 18/04/2020 to 24/10/2020
1 lunch (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - London - Stratford-upon-Avon - York Indulge your love of theatre and poetry this morning as we travel to romantic Stratford-upon-Avon, made famous by its favourite son, William Shakespeare, whose extraordinary works have been admired by audiences for over 500 years. View Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre for insights into the life of the 'Bard of Avon', before exploring the charming cobblestone streets of his hometown. Continue to the ancient cathedral city of York where we will enjoy an orientation walk to view its ancient city walls, picturesque Shambles and magnificent 800-year-old Minster. Join your Travel Director and fellow travel companions this evening for a memorable Welcome Reception and delicious local pub fare.
Day 2 - York - Durham - Edinburgh (2 Nights) We venture north to the medieval riverside town of Durham, whose exquisite 11th-century Durham Cathedral sits imposingly alongside Durham Castle watching over the medieval streets below. We cross what was once the northern frontier of the Roman Empire, Hadrian's Wall, before enjoying a scenic drive through the soul-stirring landscapes of Northumberland National Park. Admire spectacular views of the windswept Cheviot Hills as you cross the Scottish border, stopping to admire the 12th-century ruins of Jedburgh Abbey en route to Edinburgh.
Day 3 - Edinburgh Sightseeing and Free Time Fall in love with the enchanting city of Edinburgh as you join a 'Local Specialist' to discover what lies behind its medieval fa?ades. Ramble up the Royal Mile and enjoy astounding views of the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the Scottish Parliament. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city. Spend some free time this afternoon strolling through Edinburgh and admiring medieval relics. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Day 4 - Edinburgh - St. Andrews - Pitlochry - Scottish Highlands Cross the Firth of Forth to the ancient Kingdom of Fife and St. Andrews. This famous golf course is renowned for its 18th hole and 800-year-old Swilcan Bridge. We continue our journey into the dramatic Scottish Highlands, where we'll 'Dive Into Culture' at a whisky distillery and sample a wee dram. Visit picture-perfect Pitlochry, on the edge of the Ben-Y-Vrackie and Cairngorms National Park, before arriving at your hotel in the Scottish Highlands where you'll dine tonight.
Day 5 - Scottish Highlands - Spean Bridge - Glencoe - Loch Lomond - Glasgow The arresting natural beauty of the Scottish Highlands provides a stunning backdrop for today's leisurely drive to Glasgow. View the World War II Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge and admire views of Britain's highest mountain - Ben Nevis. See Glencoe, the site of a bloody massacre in 1692 following the Jacobite Uprising, and travel to the 'bonnie' banks of Scotland's prettiest loch, Loch Lomond. We arrive in Glasgow this afternoon where our orientation will take us past St. Mungo's Cathedral and George Square, lined with statues and monuments dedicated to famous British subjects, including Robert Burns and Sir Robert Peel.
Day 6 - Glasgow - Gretna Green - Lake District - Liverpool Today's first stop is in the runaway wedding capital of Gretna Green where eloping couples would make their vows over the Marriage Anvil. Returning to England, we 'Connect With Locals', joining Farmer John and his wife Christine for a 'Be My Guest' lunch in the company of Highland cows. See beautiful Lake District landscapes and skirt the romantic shores of Lake Windermere, the largest lake in England, arriving in edgy Liverpool of 'Fab Four' fame for an evening at leisure.
Day 7 - Liverpool - Wye Valley - Bristol Traverse the pretty Welsh countryside this morning and stop in an area of outstanding natural beauty - the Wye Valley, with its characteristic limestone gorge scenery and dense woodlands. View the spectacular ruins of the world-famous Cistercian abbey in Tintern before arriving in Bristol to see the Clifton Suspension Bridge and SS Great Britain, the world's first ocean-going luxury liner. As the curtain comes down on a memorable journey through England and Scotland, we enjoy a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant with our Travel Director and newfound friends.
Day 8 - Bristol - Bath - Stonehenge - London Returning to London, we visit the UNESCO-listed city of Bath to admire its elegant Georgian fa?ades and the Roman baths from which the city takes its name. Emerging from the Salisbury Plain, the imposing monoliths of Stonehenge are our final stop before continuing through the lush Wiltshire and Hampshire landscapes to London, where our amazing holiday comes to an end. Sightseeing Highlights ORIENTATION of York, Durham, Glasgow, Bristol and Bath VISIT Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh Castle, a Whisky Distillery, Gretna Green, Wye Valley, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge VIEW Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage, York Minster, Hadrians' Wall, Jedburgh Abbey and Tintern Abbey SEE the 18th green on the Old Course at St. Andrews, Blair Castle and the Lake District
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..