From 31/10/2020 to 11/04/2021
ORIENTATION of Bath, Cardiff, Liverpool and YorkVISIT Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, the Tudor town of Ludlow, Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-AvonVIEW Bath Abbey, Cardiff Castle, the Lake District's magnificent scenery, Hadrian's Wall, York Minster and Anne Hathaway's thatched cottageSEE the Principality Stadium in Cardiff and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh.
5 breakfasts2 dinners (including Be My Guest)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotelCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesLondon airport transfer service is available to purchase.
See airport transfers page link below for detailsHandcrafted HighlightsVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Experience first-hand what's "great" about Great Britain on this mesmerising sojourn past the peaks of Wales and the rolling hills and lush farmlands of England to 'bonnie' Scotland. We kick-start our adventure in the cosmopolitan capital of London, heading west to visit Stonehenge's stone monoliths, whose centuries-old myths have yet to be fully revealed. The elegant Georgian architecture of Bath takes centre stage during our visit to this famous spa town. Here, we'll see the Abbey and visit the Roman Baths, before crossing the Severn Estuary to Cardiff. Delve into the proud culture and heritage of the Welsh as you embark on an orientation of the city to see the Principality Stadium and Cardiff Castle, in the heart of the city. Tonight, we celebrate the beginning of an epic adventure through Britain at a Welcome Reception.
2 - The half-timbered Tudor houses of Ludlow feature today on our exploration of this market town with its medieval walls and historic castle. We journey north through the Shropshire Hills and Cheshire landscapes to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy Scouse streets and perhaps visit The Cavern Club, where the Beatles once played, during your evening at leisure.
3 - The enchanting views of Britain's Lake District provide a scenic backdrop for our leisurely drive north to Scotland. Skirt the romantic shores of Lake Windermere and enjoy views that inspired literary greats like William Wordsworth. We stop at the runaway wedding capital that is Gretna Green where "Blacksmith Priests" would marry couples over the Marriage Anvil. Later, we arrive in enchanting Edinburgh - our home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
4 - Ramble up the Royal Mile in the mesmerising medieval city of Edinburgh, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' on an included city sightseeing tour. Stroll through the Old Town and view Arthur's Seat and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, for centuries the seat of the kings and queens of the Scots. Visit Edinburgh Castle perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city. Spend the rest of the day exploring Auld Reekie's medieval relics and elegant Georgian and Gothic fa?ades on your own, or join your Travel Director on an Optional Experience to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia. This evening, consider attending a lively Scottish banquet with traditional haggis and bagpipes.
5 - Trace the northern frontier of the Roman Empire at Hadrian's Wall before crossing the River Tyne and venturing south to the ancient cathedral city of York, whose origins hark back to Roman times. Walk along the famous Shambles and view the York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening we 'Connect With Locals', joining a family in York for a home-cooked 'Be My Guest' Farewell Dinner and some hearty British hospitality.
6 - Delve into the fascinating story of Shakespeare's life at his Birthplace and Visitor Centre in Stratford-upon-Avon, and view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage. We return to London this evening where our memorable encounter with Britain's icons comes to an end.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 18 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.