Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road
From 01/04/2020 to 03/04/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Melbourne (3 Nights) Kickstart your scenic coastal journey in Melbourne. On arrival, spend the day immersing yourself in what makes this city Australia's 'Capital of Cool'.
Day 2 - Great Ocean Road - Twelve Apostles We leave Melbourne's towering skyline and grand boulevards bound for the Great Ocean Road. Your journey will take you through the lush tree-fern gullies and towering mountain-ash rainforests of Otway National Park. The imposing Twelve Apostles loom in the distance, rising high above the crashing waves below. Survey the grandeur of this iconic site from your cliff-top vantage point and stroll along the boardwalk, keeping your camera at hand to capture the natural splendour of this setting. See Loch Ard Gorge and discover the romantic and tragic story of love and lives lost aboard the schooner Loch Ard in 1878. Explore Port Campbell National Park and delve into the tragic history of over 50 ships wrecked along this unforgiving coastline. Travel the length of the Great Ocean Road, built by returned soldiers between 1919 and 1932.
Day 3 - City Sights - Phillip Island Savour the aromas of coffee that seem to linger around every corner in cosmopolitan Melbourne. Your sightseeing tour will take you past Parliament House, Queen Victoria Market and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Travel to Maru Koala & Animal Park and connect with the koalas, kangaroos and Tasmanian Devils that find sanctuary here. View spectacular coastal scenery at the Nobbies, two rocky outcrops abundant in marine life, as you journey to Phillip Island. Learn about the Little Penguins and life on the island during a visit to the educational Visitor Information Centre. Witness a miracle of nature as the Little Penguins battle the surf and make their way to their dune burrows to greet their young families, then gain a deeper understanding of the environmental and conservation methods that ensure the wildlife and vulnerable geology of Phillip Island remain protected.
Day 4 - Depart Melbourne Your Mini Stay concludes after breakfast.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..