Egypt and the Nile
From 17/10/2020 to 13/03/2021
Sit back & chill as you drift down the Nile on a traditional felucca sailing boatLocal villages, ancient sites & stunning scenery - see them all on your relaxing three-night cruise down the NileGuided tour through the Valley of KingsSee the Colossos of MemnonVisit an Egyptian village.
Here in Egypt, we match the accommodation to the country itself - diverse and incredible in equal measure.
3-nights will be spent in swanky hotels, 1-night on a couchette train riding twin-birth from Cairo to Aswan, & 3-nights will be spent cruising down the Nile, no less.
Not familiar with Egyptian cuisine? You will be, and you'll be uber impressed might we add.
We'll sort you out with 7 continental breakfasts to kick start each day of adventure, 3 lunches, & 5 dinners.
The rest of the time you can stretch the waist of your pants overstuffed shortbread biscuits, tahini salads & eggplant moussaka.
Throughout your trip you'll be safe in the hands of an expert local guide, who knows the streets of Egypt and the history of the Pharaohs better than you know the depths of your bucket list.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Cairo Join forces with your group tonight and soak up the excitement of these exotic lands. Tomorrow will be a whole world of discovery, so you'll be thankful for your luxe hotel sleep.
Day 3 - Nile Cruise - Aswan Today is all about jaw drops from start to end. First up, you'll learn about the famous Obelisk, a symbol of Egypt, and interestingly a monument that is carved in the ground. These pointed needles are a great example of the skills of the ancient Egyptian artisans and our Local Guide will get you in the know on A to Z and everything in-between. Take a stroll along the Nile before grabbing that camera, as we hop aboard a wooden felucca sailboat, the first of our two boating experiences for the day, and watch the local life as you float on by. Tonight is a taste of the high life with a luxury cruise on the River Nile, no less. This is the first of 3-nights we'll spend on the water, soaking up Egypt from its iconic waterway.
Day 4 - Nile Cruise - Aswan to Edfu Enjoy waking up to the Nile and sand dunes as your backdrop, while you sip your coffee and ponder just how good life is. Next up is your chance to explore Abu Simbel's Temple of Ramses II, one of the world's most iconic sites dating back to 1264 BC. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is a must-do for history buffs and those looking to get in the know on this ancient site. Our Local Guide will uncover its history before we gently drift upstream, steering ourselves away from Aswan with our maps open on ancient Edfu.After green fields, the Arabian desert and palm trees aplenty have teased our eyes along the Nile, we'll pull in for a peak at the perfectly symmetrical town of Kom Ombo. This village's famous temple is dedicated to the God of Crocodile, and the God of Falcon and with it's stunning setting right by the Nile is the perfect spot to head on-land for some exploring. Back on the boat you can practice your 'walk like an Egyptian' pose, then take a dip in the pool (yes, as in the boat has a pool) before we dock for the night in Edfu.
Day 5 - Nile Cruise - Edfu to Luxor A spot of temple time is up for grabs this morning, complete with a Greco-Roman history lesson & plenty of photo ops. Shortly after, we'll cast off in the direction of Luxor.As soon as we step foot on Luxor terrain, we'll start spinning our way into the historical mysteries of this magnificent town including the Avenue of the Sphinxes, an epic lineup of human headed sphinxes spanning 3km, and let's not forget a photographers dream. Tomorrow the Luxor discoveries continue, so there's no need to cram it all in on day one.
Day 6 - Luxor to Hurghada Only on a trip to Egypt would ancient royal tombs make a casual appearance on our daily agenda. Venturing to the Valley of the Kings known as 'City of the Dead,' our local guide will take us to some of the 63 royal tombs found here. Later, choose to visit the Temple of Karnak where we can find the world’s largest religious structure, the Temple of Amun.Hurghada is all about beachside summer holiday vibes to rival the Mediterranean. With crystal clear waters as far as the eye can see, umbrella-lined beaches, and golden sunsets, this town will be sure to seal the deal on your love for Egypt.
Day 7 - Hurghada to Cairo Lovers of exploring by sea could take a cruise of the Red Sea for all new views, or those who prefer life a little more on land could snorkel, sun bake or just relax in paradise this morning. Later, we'll attempt an Arabic goodbye to the beautiful beaches of Hurghada as we make our way back to where our Egyptian escapade kicked off just a week ago.It's our last complete day together on tour, which means we need to make the most of every second and avoid winding down at all costs. Dive back into Cairo and find a mezze haunt to loiter in, or roam the ancient Khan El Khalili bazaar to pick up some final treasures.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 March 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.