Hong Kong Highlights
From 27/02/2020 to 31/12/2020
Hong Kong Visit Stanley Market and Aberdeen Harbour, go up Victoria Peak on the iconic Peak Tram.
3 BreakfastsLuxury air-conditioned coachCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedVariety of Optional ExperiencesCity orientation toursAn expert Travel Director and separate driverAll hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Split into 3 main territories and some 260 islands and peninsulas, Hong Kong is both similar and wildly different to its mainland big brother. Its Chinese culture is undeniable, but Hong Kong also retains a live fast mentality that oozes through its world class restaurant scene, contemporary museums and uber cool locals. Arriving today, transfer to your hotel on the Kowloon Peninsular and begin to soak it all in. Later perhaps take a stroll to begin your exploration of this dynamic place.
2 - First up on today's sightseeing agenda is Victoria Peak, the highest point on Hong Kong Island at 552 metres above sea level. You'll be heading up here the traditional way, via the iconic Peak Tram. Once at the top, try not to gasp as you catch a first glimpse of the city and harbour fanning out beneath you - an awe-inspiring sight that never fails to impress. Next up will be Aberdeen, home to Hong Kong's fisherfolk and the place to eat seafood. Boarding a traditional sampan, float by the wonderfully gaudy and utterly unique floating restaurants, the most famous of which is Jumbo. Not done yet, you'll swing by a jewellery workshop before continuing on to the picturesque fishing village of Stanley. Once notorious for smuggling and pirate mischief, today Stanley is best known for its bustling market of goodies. This evening perhaps choose to join our optional cruise around the famous Victoria Harbour. Take advantage of the free bar whilst watching traditional sampans and junk boats float by, a stark contrast to the ultra-modern Western District and Tsim Sha Tsui, which you'll spot on either side of the harbour. Back on dry land you'll then drive up to Victoria Peak for dinner and a feast fit for a king. Finally, finish the evening with a visit to Temple Street Market in the company of fortune tellers and Chinese street opera performers.
3 - Yesterday you ticked off Hong Kong's headliners so today is all about exploring your way, and in a city as diverse as this the only question is where to start! Want to unearth the city's market scene? Join us on our optional walking tour to explore Yuen Po Street Bird Garden, Goldfish Market and the old school Fa Yuen Street Market, allowing your curiosity to win out over your manners as you gawp at astronomically priced rare fish, exotic birds and all manner of meat, fruit and veg being sold to the highest bidder. Keen to see the famous seated Buddha statue? Take advantage of our optional Lantau tour, where you'll ride the Ngong Ping cable car for prime views of the South China Sea and the giant statue of Buddha. Eat lunch in a monastery, then take a boat ride to the quaint fishing village of Tai O, home to the Tanka fisher folk and their famous stilted houses. Hungering for a bit of history? A trip to Macau should satisfy that itch. An hour's ferry ride from Hong Kong, Macau emulates a certain Mediterranean charm courtesy of its former Portuguese rulers. Visit the ruins of St.Paul's Roman Catholic Church, walk through Senado Square to the crumbling Monte Fort, then stop by the A-Ma Temple, one of the finest examples of a Taoist temple. Perhaps also travel up (at your own expense) the 338 metre high Macau Tower for breath taking views of Macau, China and the Pearl River, before returning to Hong Kong. However you choose to explore today, we know it will be a day to remember.
4 - It's been fast and fabulous as is befitting of this whirlwind city, but today your Hong Kong adventure comes to an end. No doubt leaving with suitcases heavier than when you arrived (Hong Kong's shopping scene will do that to you), you'll transfer to Hong Kong International Airport to catch your onward flight.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.