Costa Rica Adventure
From 25/07/2020 to 20/11/2020
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and separate driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive San Jose Let the Pura Vida way of life take over as you arrive in Costa Rica's cultural capital, San Jose. Affectionally known as 'Chepe', San Jose may appear a little rough around the edges but a closer inspection will soon reveal the charming heart of this vibrant capital. Built on the profit of a roaring coffee trade, this a city overflowing with museums, parks, theatres and innovative restaurants. Arriving today, settle in to your hotel then feel free to head out to explore. Trendy Barrio Am?n offers a wonderful glimpse into the history of the city with vast colonial mansions converted into art galleries, whilst Barrio Escalante is the gastronomic epicentre and the best place to grab dinner.
Day 2 - San Jose - Monteverde (2 Nights) Finishing up your final morning in San Jose with a quick sightseeing tour of the city's most iconic sights, you'll then travel north towards the creative little town of Sarch?. Widely regarded as the cradle of Costa Rican artisanship, this is the place to buy intricate arts, crafts and souvenirs. The finest display of Sarch?'s creative offering comes courtesy of the highly decorative oxcarts that are displayed here. Elegantly carved and hand painted in bright colours, the oxcart is a national symbol of Costa Rica and a beautiful reminder of its humble beginnings. Take your time browsing the shops and stalls here, before continuing your journey through the Tilaran Mountain range. Climbing higher and high, we'll be listening out for the collective sighs of appreciation as you enter the mysterious and misty Cloud Forest.
Day 3 - Monteverde Sightseeing and Free Time Meeting up with a Local Specialist this morning, you'll seemingly step into another world as you enter the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve. Home to a variety of different eco-systems, you'll learn about the thousands of different plant and animals species that thrive in this area, many of which only exist right here. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears poised for the sounds of hummingbirds, howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, and if you're really lucky, the Quetzal bird. Costa Rica has a big reputation as a nature lover's paradise, and this place won't let you down. Leaving the forest on a real nature high you'll have time to relax this afternoon, or join our 'El Trapiche' Optional Experience tour where you'll get to visit sugarcane, banana, orange and coffee plantations.
Day 4 - Monteverde - Arenal (3 Nights) Enjoy the ride this morning as you travel past cattle ranches and coffee plantations on your way to Arenal Volcano National Park. One of the shining jewels in Costa Rica's already bedazzling crown, the national park is best known for its bubbling hot springs and geothermal activity, wide variety of wildlife and of course the sleeping giant, Arenal Volcano. As exciting as this all is, your attention upon arrival will likely be taken up by your gorgeous and secluded resort, nestled on the banks of the San Carlos River. Boasting outdoor pools, a butterfly garden, botanical gardens growing all manner of fruit trees and tame iguanas roaming the grounds, you'll likely feel like you've entered a little corner of heaven. Settle in and enjoy relaxing in paradise this afternoon, before joining your fellow travellers for an included dinner at the resort restaurant this evening.
Day 5 - Arenal Full Day Sightseeing A guided hike through Arenal 1968 is first up on today's action packed agenda. Denoting its name from the year Arenal Volcano created its most catastrophic eruption, this private reserve gives you the chance to walk through lava fields, observe leftover lava rocks and boulders and walk through forest land for wonderful views of both the volcano and Arenal Lake, the largest lake in Costa Rica. After a browse around La Fortuna town and a spot of lunch, this afternoon you'll then head to the famous Arenal Hanging Bridges Park. Meeting up with a Local Specialist, you'll 'sky walk' your way through the jungle canopy, testing your head for heights on the 6 suspension bridges whilst spotting a whole manner of birdlife. This evening and to round off an incredible day, let your worries and stresses drift away as you relax in the mineral rich pools of a hot springs resort.
Day 6 - Arenal Sightseeing and Free Time Another day, and another chance to explore this natural wonderland. Your morning will begin with a safari float down the Pe?as Blancas River, where you'll join a Local Specialist and get to experience the peaceful tranquility of the rainforest whilst looking for monkeys, sloths, iguanas, caimans and tropical birds. On the way you'll visit a local family who live and work on the river, gaining an appreciation for how connected the people of Costa Rica are to the natural environment. Back at your resort and with the afternoon free, enjoy going for a dip in the pool, play tennis, or join a horseback riding excursion through the rainforest.
Day 7 - Arenal - San Jose Transfer back to San Jose International Airport will be at 12:00 PM approximately or extend your holiday to Guanacaste. Sightseeing Highlights Arenal Enjoy trails and suspension bridges, hike along lava trails through Mirador 1968, a private reserve, located adjacent to Volcano Arenal National Park and take a scenic float trip safari with your Local Specialist Monteverde Cloud Forest Hike with your Local Specialist who offers insights into the region's unique bird and wildlife ecosystems San Jose Enjoy an orientation tour in the capital city of Costa Rica and explore Sarchi, the arts and crafts capital, famed for its intricately painted oxcarts
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..